CND Shellac Fake?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DecadentLady

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to CND and would like some advice. I have trained with CND recently and been building up my colous. SO far I have 12 but one arrived to day and is somewhat different to the others. Can someone please tell me who the distributors are other than sweet squared. I thought I had one but now Im not sure. They have threatened legal action if I mention there name so I mustnt do that.

They basically said CND have changed there labelling numberous times over the year. The colour is Cocoa, and it is in a white bottle with a sleeve over it, not like the others. The brush lid is a tiny but shorter than the others and the bottom where it stands doesnt have the 3 ridges. Have CND changed the labelled? Thanks in advance for help.

Sweet Squared is the authorised Uk Distributor of CND. The only others are authrosied sub-distributors of S2 who are Ellisons and the various Creative Academies around the UK. Check the S2 website which will give you details on the locations of the Creative Academies.

As far as I am aware CND have not changed their labelling at all...and the bottles do not look like the one you are describing.

It doesn't sound like a cnd shellac bottle to me! I was in the sweet squared shop last week looking at new shellac colours and the bottles are the same as they have been for months.

As far as I know sweet squared and ellisons are the only genuine places to buy shellac in the uk 😃

As far as I'm aware the only authorised place to buy CND Shellac in the UK is Sweet Squared and Ellisons.

The Cocoa bottle is the same colour as the colour coat itself and is certainly not in a white bottle!

Thank you for your help. I will log in and have a look now. They seem adamant the packaging has changed but Im not convinced, thank you.

Hello, I am new to CND and would like some advice. I have trained with CND recently and been building up my colous. SO far I have 12 but one arrived to day and is somewhat different to the others. Can someone please tell me who the distributors are other than sweet squared. I thought I had one but now Im not sure. They have threatened legal action if I mention there name so I mustnt do that.

They basically said CND have changed there labelling numberous times over the year. The colour is Cocoa, and it is in a white bottle with a sleeve over it, not like the others. The brush lid is a tiny but shorter than the others and the bottom where it stands doesnt have the 3 ridges. Have CND changed the labelled? Thanks in advance for help.

You would never have got a bottle like that from a legal distributor. CND have not changed their labelling either that I am aware of. Sweet Squared is the only legal importer of CND ... They have several subs. No one in Liverpool I can assure you. And they can't threaten you with any legal action because they are selling illegally. Absolute rubbish.

For goodness sake get smart and let Sweet Squared know who they are and where they are. Email Samuel.sweet@ sweet squared.com ... Immediately. And make an account with them as soon as possible so you can purchase legally yourself .. They will be happy to help you.

Last edited:
Why would they threaten you with legal action if you spread their name? Surely they can't do that!!

If it were a reputable company they'd be wanting their name out there to boost sales.
I'd name and shame cause sounds like they've obv something not quite right going on so trying scare tactics to keep you quiet.

Threatened legal action if you mention their name!?! That alone sounds dodgy to me. :eek:

Mention their name to warn others. What can they do, you are only asking for advice x

Just seen the other posts. Ive been having shellac done for a year and had cocoa a lot and this is what puzzled me. They even sent me a PDF detailing all of the changes, one being that they will now use sleeves over the bottles. But I received half my order from SS and they all have the colour bottle and assumed they would of course tell us about bottle changes. I am logged in looking for distributors on the webiste but no joy. I will be calling them first thing tomorrow. Thank you again.

Just seen the other posts. Ive been having shellac done for a year and had cocoa a lot and this is what puzzled me. They even sent me a PDF detailing all of the changes, one being that they will now use sleeves over the bottles. But I received half my order from SS and they all have the colour bottle and assumed they would of course tell us about bottle changes. I am logged in looking for distributors on the webiste but no joy. I will be calling them first thing tomorrow. Thank you again.
Request they send you a catalog when you ring. All S2 legal sub distributors are listed there. Please ring.

Well I basically told them I would be contacting Sweet Squared and they replied thats fine, they always monitor them blah blah. Then added we must tell you if you say our name in a forum and do anything that could reduce our business we will not hesitate to take legal action. So I will definatly contact SS. I have had other colours from them and thy were exactly the same as the one from SS so I can only guess there maybe mixing real with fake somehow. I dont know, I will update when I get this checked out. Good to know they havnt changed packaging though, I thought I was going bonkers.

Geeg I just checked my catalgoue. There is a list of 5 extra suppliers are they the Creative Acadamy+ or is this refering to others? Thank you

I have a bottle of tropix which has a white bottom and a type of plastic wrap round it sounds like what you described and mine in genuine I only purchase from s2 no one else x

Geeg I just checked my catalgoue. There is a list of 5 extra suppliers are they the Creative Acadamy+ or is this refering to others? Thank you
There is no Creative Academy + in Liverpool and other Creatve Academy + locations are stores (only 2) who do not sell on line. Legitimate people do not threaten others with legal action if what they are doing is above board. Please pm me rather than discuss on the forum. Thanks

Looks like this

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349900999.189243.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349900999.189243.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 919
I have a bottle of tropix which has a white bottom and a type of plastic wrap round it sounds like what you described and mine in genuine I only purchase from s2 no one else x
I have tropix that is exactly the same as this bought only two weeks ago from an authorized distributor.
My top coat bottles the labels are different too. Two are gold labels stuck on and one is directly painted on the bottle too.
All bought from exactly the same place, I guess the bottles do vary ?

Yup I have new top coat bottles just like you described also x

Yup I have new top coat bottles just like you described also x
It's very simple ... If you are buying from an authorised distributor then you are OK. If you are not then you are not. You must know who the authorised distributors are if you are an S2 customer.

We had an email from head office a few weeks ago advising us of the change in the packaging of shellac bottles Please see attached details and advise customer accordingly if you get any queries....

CND is transitioning all Shellac colors into new packaging.

You will notice that bottles are incased in a colored sleeve. We have moved away from spray colored bottles in favor of this new sleeve which allow us move flexibility and improved efficiencies.

The bottles can be either dark brown/black or white depending on the color of the sleeve. Lighter colors will have a white bottle and darker colors will be in the brown/black bottle. You will not actually see the bottle except for when you remove the cap and underneath the bottom.
Hope this helps xoxox

Latest posts

Back