CND Shellac help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khad

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have just purchased the CND shellac kit and have started doing a few manicures on friends and family first to check how long the polish lasts. I am following the procedure from a video online and I feel as though the application goes well, but the nails are chipping after a few days. if anyone could provide me with any helpful tips or soloutions to this it would be much appreciated as I would like to feel confident that the nails will last for 2 weeks as shellac claim, when I am providing this service for my clients. Also, if the nails need buffing, is it okay to do so, even though shellac don’t recommend buffing?

Thank you in advance !

Have you had training?

I have my qualification for beauty, but not with shellac. As I have worked with other gel polish brands such as Jessica and blue sky, I figured it would be a similar protocol

I have my qualification for beauty, but not with shellac. As I have worked with other gel polish brands such as Jessica and blue sky, I figured it would be a similar protocol

Each gel polish system and it’s application method and curing times will be slightly different.

You do not need to buff nails at all with CND Shellac.

Are you using the correct lamp?

CND Shellac doesn't last for my clients at all. But defo make sure you are using their lamp, Scrubfresh, Dsperse, thin layers.

I do white block the nail with a worn block before using scrub fresh and very thin layers my clients all last about 4 weeks x

I've had the same problem until I started using Young Nails Protein Bond as a primer. It really adds to the longevity and my clients' nails last 3-4 weeks without a problem. :)

I've had the same problem until I started using Young Nails Protein Bond as a primer. It really adds to the longevity and my clients' nails last 3-4 weeks without a problem. :)

Does using protein bond make it more difficult to soak off?

Shellac has been carefully designed to last at least 14 days. If you get less than this, either it is because the full system (including CND UV lamp) has not been used, the application is not understood, or the nail prep was not correct.

It's my belief that Shellac uses less photo initiator than other gel polishes and compensates for this with a brighter UV lamp. There are some good reasons to design a product like this, we do it ourselves. But this does mean that using the CND lamp is especially important.

Try Young nails Protein bond and be sure you are not tipping the nails downward before curing. It will cause it to run towards the tip of the nails making it too thick and easier to chip off.

Does using protein bond make it more difficult to soak off?
No, not at all. I usually soak off for 8-9 minutes and it comes off without a problem. The bottle while small lasts quite a long time as well since the primer is a liquid an easily spreadable. :)

Hi guys,

I have just purchased the CND shellac kit and have started doing a few manicures on friends and family first to check how long the polish lasts. I am following the procedure from a video online and I feel as though the application goes well, but the nails are chipping after a few days. if anyone could provide me with any helpful tips or soloutions to this it would be much appreciated as I would like to feel confident that the nails will last for 2 weeks as shellac claim, when I am providing this service for my clients. Also, if the nails need buffing, is it okay to do so, even though shellac don’t recommend buffing?

Thank you in advance !
Dud you cap the free edge too?

I have a difficult time soaking off if I cover the whole nail in protein bond. I use it, or another primer, on the tip and a tiny pin size at the cuticle area and skip the middle. I efile the shellac down pretty well and soak off the base and remnents of the color, only takes 7ish minutes to soak. I've been using shellac extended wear base and it's working nicely. My lifters get 2 top coats..

Latest posts

Back