CND Shellac & IBD gel polish "mix"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nessi

Reaction score
I have been told that you can use shellac base and top coat with ibd just gel polish for the colour aspect in between. Ie not using shellac for the colour application.
Is this advisable?
I find shellac pretty amazing for application and removal but the colour range is limited.
Has anyone tried to combine the two. Any thoughts/ opinions welcome.
Additionally what is removal of the ibd like?
Thanks
:D

Who told you this? You should not be mixing systems.

A local nail establishment is doing this however it cannot be called shellac if its not shellac surely!
I am asking the question here as it sounded a bit dubious to me, I dont intend to take that route however I am curious as to why you cant do it, for example how could it compromise the end result and why?

If you search for shellac layering , you will see that shellac colours are not in anyway limited . With layering there are 100's of possible colours .

A local nail establishment is doing this however it cannot be called shellac if its not shellac surely!
I am asking the question here as it sounded a bit dubious to me, I dont intend to take that route however I am curious as to why you cant do it, for example how could it compromise the end result and why?

You are right, the should not be calling it Shellac unless the FULL Shellac system is used and complete protocol followed.

It will compromise the end result because you are using things which have not been designed to be used together. You do not know how they will react when used together and you are likely to get service breakdown.

Thanks for your views, I thought as much. I cannot understand how they can get away with it. Surely clients would notice that products are not all CND, I know I would.

I am a big fan of layering.... a little addicted if im honest. The only thing I wish I could make and cannot seem to is a vibrant true orange.
Any thoughts most welcome :D

It is not advised to mix products from different companies and as stated, this would not be giving a true CND Shellac Service.

There are so many 'fake' Shellac services being offered all over the place, we need to make sure our clients are aware they are getting the REAL Shellac, by offering them the REAL Shellac. This will keep them coming back as the product will work and deliver as promised.
Without using the entire Shellac system it simply will not work as it should, with results being unknown and untrusted, in my opinion its not worth risking reputation for and giving an inferior service.
This also may invalidate insurance as it is not using products as per manufacturers recommendations.

I add cream puff under colours to make them pop- under Tropix is great to make it really vibrant.

Keep your eyes peeled too for the CND Additives to be launched here in the UK as these will really allow us to customise our Shellac service and colours without worry of compromising the product... I cant wait!

Latest posts

Back