CND Shellac Lamp needed tomrrow afternoon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinkingorgeous

Reaction score
My Shellac Lamp went faulty :cry: no problem these things happen, however, Iv ordered a new one as I cant be without it whilst the faulty one goes off to be checked and or replaced.

HELP, my new lamp wont be with me in time for my client tomorrow afternoon, I called S2 but because it was ordered over the net they cant get it to me quicker. Does anyone live near Billericay Essex and is willing to lend me their lamp for tomorrow (tuesday) afternoon??? Please ??????

Thank you, Blinks xx

I'm sorry I cant help for tomorrow as I'll be using mine, but if you could re-schedule for wednesday I'm on a course all day so you could have it then? x

My Shellac Lamp went faulty :cry: no problem these things happen, however, Iv ordered a new one as I cant be without it whilst the faulty one goes off to be checked and or replaced.

HELP, my new lamp wont be with me in time for my client tomorrow afternoon, I called S2 but because it was ordered over the net they cant get it to me quicker. Does anyone live near Billericay Essex and is willing to lend me their lamp for tomorrow (tuesday) afternoon??? Please ??????

Thank you, Blinks xx

I am in the same position, mine 'blew' yesterday!!!!!! :cry:

Buffyfileslayer, what happened to yours???? When I looked again, I tested it before I sent it back to S2, two of the bulbs werent working, I moved them all around, the bulbs work but two of the sockets look like they are blown or frazzled or something, its got another 89 hours left on it lol :sad:

Pickle thank you hun but Im really really hoping it will have arrived by Wednesday otherwise Im going to be backing up with clients eeeep. I ordered a new one on Friday after it blew because I cant be without it while the blown one is off being "looked at", I called S2 this morn to see if I could get it faster but because I ordered online they cant speed it up :sad:

Never mind, these things are sent to try us:D I'll manage and live in hope that it will come in the morning instead of 5 mins after the client should have been with me lol xx

Last edited:
Wish I could help you blinks but I'm miles away! You should do what I do and just have 2 (well you will do now!)... Firstly for emergencies if one of them packs up, and secondly to pamper ones self and the clients! :lol: Hope it gets sorted soon babes and you don't get too much of a backlog of clients!xx

Wish I could help you blinks but I'm miles away! You should do what I do and just have 2 (well you will do now!)... Firstly for emergencies if one of them packs up, and secondly to pamper ones self and the clients! :lol: Hope it gets sorted soon babes and you don't get too much of a backlog of clients!xx

Thanks hun, I am going to feel very decadent when I have my 2 CND lamps :Love:xx

Buffyfileslayer, what happened to yours???? When I looked again, I tested it before I sent it back to S2, two of the bulbs werent working, I moved them all around, the bulbs work but two of the sockets look like they are blown or frazzled or something, its got another 89 hours left on it lol :sad:

Exactly the same as my lamp, it had 96 hours left!

Exactly the same as my lamp, it had 96 hours left!

oh no :0( S2 are fantastic at sorting things out, however, Im, like you, still left with no lamp, at least I had enough money in the bank that I could order another one as a back up, but if I hadnt been in the position to do that I dont know what I would have done, clients waiting and no lamp!!!!!

Am over the river in Kent and have a spare brisa lamp you can borrow.Just pm me if you need it.

Am over the river in Kent and have a spare brisa lamp you can borrow.Just pm me if you need it.

Thanks Persianista, I have re-arranged client and hoping lamp will be with me Wednesday, otherwise you may be seeing me :D

My lamp packed up aswell. I called S2 straight away and she sent me a brand spanking new one next day delivery before 12 noon and credited my bank account with the return postage costs.

My lamp packed up aswell. I called S2 straight away and she sent me a brand spanking new one next day delivery before 12 noon and credited my bank account with the return postage costs.

Wish Id known that, they told me that I had to send it off to them (which I did today) they are then going to check it over and "then" they will send one out to me!!!!! Thats why I have had to order a new one so that Im not going to be without, means I will end up with two, which isnt a disaster but its money i could have done without spending!!!! the Minx lamp will have to wait now!!!

Wow well that was nice of them Karen! I think with s2 it's just luck of the draw sometimes. They've got a few super lovely ladies there who really go the extra mile. Frustrating for you Hun in this situation if you were saving up for a minx lamp but at least you get the luxury of 2 CND lamps :)

What i meant was that if you were to call S2 up straight away to inform them of your problem they prob would of been able to deal with it better. To be fair you sent them a email and ordered a new lamp on friday which was more than likely had already gone through the processing stage by then.

Are they not going to refund your faulty lamp? Can you not hold out and don't open the new lamp when it arrives so you can return it straight back? Just a thought! :)

I know how frustrating it is. My lamp stopped working during my first client of the day. I had already removed her old Shellac, prepped ready for her new Shellac coat, went to turn on my lamp - nothing! No power was going through, ran round the salon checking every socket, ran to the shop for new fuses - still nothing! Poor women had to go back to regular polish that day! lol

Gosh..This has made me a bit worried about my CND Shellac lamp. I cannot afford the $****NZ for a second one as backup, but it would be awful to have it suddenly stop working during a service.

Last edited by a moderator:
oooops sorry didnt mean to cause for everyone to get worried about their lamps, Im sure its just a one off, they sell hundreds of these lamps and youre bound to get the odd one thats faulty.

My problem was that it was on a friday night therefore S2 arent open on the weekend and I was desperate to have a lamp for the tuesday afternoon, in my panic I thought it would be better for me to order a new one and see what could be done after that. :D

Gosh - I spoke too soon :) My lamp has just done exactly the same thing as happened to you two. Two of the bulb sockets will not work and bulbs are all good and 94 hours left. I know these things happen, but is it odd that the exact same thing has happened? I felt just awful for the client - and it was her birthday treat to herself to get a lovely Shellac mani and pedi. I will have to buy another whilst this one gets fixed and have had to postpone all my Shellac clients.

Any mileage in having two lamps? You have one for each hand so no crossing over etc, and of course an instant spare! That has been my plan once I build up my Shellac clients.

After this happened to me a couple of months ago, the first thing I did was to invest in a second lamp and 2 packs of spare bulbs so that I didn't have this problem again xx

Latest posts

Back