CND Shellac Lamp smells like its shorted eeep

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinkingorgeous

Reaction score
Oh No, of course it had to be a Friday!!!!! Have already emailed sweet squared but Im assuming I wont get an answer until Monday, which means that I will need to purchase another CND Shellac lamp to tide me over:eek:

Doing a clients Shellac pedicure this evening and she says she can smell something chemical!!! I removed her toes looked at the lamp and thought it might be the toe seperators!!!!!! (I can but hope) Removed the seperaters popped them back in but the same thing happened again, this time I could see blue sparks at the back of the lamp :cry: Opened up the lamp, checked the bulbs and tried again.

Iv only had the lamp less than 3 months has anyone else had this problem??

Oh No, of course it had to be a Friday!!!!! Have already emailed sweet squared but Im assuming I wont get an answer until Monday, which means that I will need to purchase another CND Shellac lamp to tide me over:eek:

Doing a clients Shellac pedicure this evening and she says she can smell something chemical!!! I removed her toes looked at the lamp and thought it might be the toe seperators!!!!!! (I can but hope) Removed the seperaters popped them back in but the same thing happened again, this time I could see blue sparks at the back of the lamp :cry: Opened up the lamp, checked the bulbs and tried again.

Iv only had the lamp less than 3 months has anyone else had this problem??

All lamps of any kind can have a percentage of them that may have a fault. S2 will exchange immediately if you purchased from them but it is Friday. You certainly cant use a lamp that is sparking!! Turn you bulbs over and see if there is a difference .. try first and without a client in it!

aww Gigi, Im glad you saw my post :hug: I have opened it up, turned the bulbs around and generally checked it over, have tested it again - without risking clients health lol Its still doing it and even my eldest can smell it!!!!!

Its typical its a Friday grrrrrr, have sent sweet squared a message asking them to contact me, Monday will be fine, and have ordered a new lamp as I have clients next week and cant be without one - thats life!!!

Thank you for answering, fortunately I was on the top coat when it started and also fortunately I knew the client well, so we risked it together :eek: She'll be back, she loves Shellac (and lashes) too much xx

aww Gigi, Im glad you saw my post :hug: I have opened it up, turned the bulbs around and generally checked it over, have tested it again - without risking clients health lol Its still doing it and even my eldest can smell it!!!!!

Its typical its a Friday grrrrrr, have sent sweet squared a message asking them to contact me, Monday will be fine, and have ordered a new lamp as I have clients next week and cant be without one - thats life!!!

Thank you for answering, fortunately I was on the top coat when it started and also fortunately I knew the client well, so we risked it together :eek: She'll be back, she loves Shellac (and lashes) too much xx

Sweetheart, S2 wll credit you as soon as they receive the faulty lamp .. no fear. DONT email them, CALL them 08452106060. It takes too long to get to the emails when the phone are off the hook all day. Phones take priority so phone them if you need to. I'm sure you will get your new lamp pronto and a credit will follow .. fear not! You and your business come first as always at S2. Never told you .. but I love our name blinking gorgoeus ... very clever.

Thank you Gigi, I will definately give them a call first thing on Monday, just felt I needed to be pro-active lol and thank you for the compliment for my name, loving Shellac but Lashing is my first love xx :hug:

Latest posts

Back