CND Shellac Matte top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minkeybox

Reaction score
hullooo.

Ive bought the Matte Top Coat from S2 but must be doing something wrong as its not very matte... it seems as shiney as the original lol.

Have I missed something? Ive been applying to the second cured coat of colour & curing in my CND UV lamp for 2 mins then wiping with DSperse...

Help! I soo want it to work :( xx

I haven't used it, but with some other brands you need to let it cool before removing the dispersion layer. Try leaving the first hand the 60 seconds it takes to cure the second hand before wiping

I have not experienced that. I love it and its definitely matte but I use the LED lamp so I don't know if that makes a difference? Sorry that's not much help.

I haven't had any issues with it. Goes on shiny of course but after curing for 2 mins in UV, and wiping with Dsperse, you can see it transform to matte before your very eyes. Works just like the regular top coat.

Thanks ladies, I think it was part me not waiting long enough & part me using it over foils so I didnt get the full 'matte' effect.

Its much better now. Out of interest how have you found the new to coats compare to duraforce? Have you noticed any chipping/issues etc or is the longevity the same? Xx

Thanks ladies, I think it was part me not waiting long enough & part me using it over foils so I didnt get the full 'matte' effect.

Its much better now. Out of interest how have you found the new to coats compare to duraforce? Have you noticed any chipping/issues etc or is the longevity the same? Xx

I wore the new pearlescent top coat over lilac eclipse and it was excellent- really tough coating. No chips or wear on the tips

Latest posts

Back