CND Shellac new colours for Autumn: Forbidden Collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love them too bring out a lemon shade too match up with a pink

Boring!! When will they bring out colours that are completely different to what we ALREADY have? I live in hope everytime but i'm disappointed everytime. My clients are too :(

I would love them too bring out a lemon shade too match up with a pink

I've seen in a previous thread that 2 coats of cream puff + yellow additive make a lemon yellow

I'm definitely buying night glimmer & burnt romance first!! Roll on 7th August

I really do like the new colours, and I will definately be getting them when they come out.

BUT (and you knew that was coming)

Boring!! When will they bring out colours that are completely different to what we ALREADY have? I live in hope everytime but i'm disappointed everytime. My clients are too :(

I feel kind of the same now, as do my clients.
I have over 40 different pigments, and yes there are layering options too.

HOWEVER, it would be really nice/economical/time-saving to have some BRIGHT colours straight out of the bottle.
Something DIFFERENT.

All this hooplah that neons aren't legal: yet they're carried by other brands, and found on every cosmetic shelf in the department stores and pharmacies.
Well, they can't be THAT illegal :irked: or they would be found everywhere.

I LOVE my CND Shellac, but growing frustrated with all the classics, and I'm looking for some 'funky' and so are my clients.

Omg I'm ready and basket waiting for new colours, will be up very early waiting online 😄

When we say 7th is it going to be at 00:00 time? Bring it on :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

When we say 7th is it going to be at 00:00 time? Bring it on :) x

Oh I don't know but will wait up and see x

All this hooplah that neons aren't legal: yet they're carried by other brands, and found on every cosmetic shelf in the department stores and pharmacies.
Well, they can't be THAT illegal :irked: or they would be found everywhere.

The issue is that neon pigments are not legal for products manufactured and produced in the US. As CND manufacture their own products in the US they cannot use prohibited ingredients.
The vast majority of other companies have their products manufactured overseas, mainly the Far East, where such restrictions therefore do not apply x

The issue is that neon pigments are not legal for products manufactured and produced in the US. As CND manufacture their own products in the US they cannot use prohibited ingredients.
The vast majority of other companies have their products manufactured overseas, mainly the Far East, where such restrictions therefore do not apply x

I don't think anyone is really interested in "neon" colours per se, they are just asking for more summer "brights".

It doesn't have to be UV light bright, just sunshine yellows, Orange, you know similar fashion forward colours such as the Vinylux colours. Mind you, saying that, we can't have them either due to stock issues....

Never mind...

Actually I the majority of Vinylux is in stock now. .......
I'm with you on summer brights, CND do listen to us and they plan so far in advance that I wouldn't be surprised ig next year we get those few shades that we're missing like the yellow, the royal blue, the mint green. In the mean time we will have to layer over cream puff to get those brighter colours or use our pigments :)

With regards to wanting a more varied range of Shellac colours, looking at what CND are currently doing with regards to Shellac and VINYLUX colours, it is my guess that they are amalgamating they colours so that whatever is available in Shellac will be available in VINYLUX and vice versa in the future. That's just my own speculation though xxx

Actually, that's not exactly true either.
Neon nail polish is illegal to manufacture in the U.S... But only because no one bothered to register it with the FDA | Mail Online

They are neither one or the other really (legal or illegal, that is)

The above link reads in part as follows:

"But in an interview with MailOnline, CND's chief scientific advisor, Doug Schoon, explained that neon colourants are not illegal to wear, they have simply never been officially registered with the FDA.

Nail polish colourants, explained the nail manufacturing expert, must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration prior to production but no one has ever thought to submit any neon shades.
Consequently, he expanded, the 'ban' of neon has 'nothing to do with safety' but is simply a matter of comfort with the status quo.

'What determines whether a colour is neon is the chemical composition, just as it is with blues and greens,' Mr Schoon told us.
Any company could register a line of neon colours but 'it's expensive and too much work,' he said.

But Mr Schoon also admitted that technically speaking, neon is not 'illegal' and with 'more important things to deal with' the government agency is likely to 'turn a blind eye' to its small scale production."

Actually, that's not exactly true either.
Neon nail polish is illegal to manufacture in the U.S... But only because no one bothered to register it with the FDA | Mail Online

They are neither one or the other really (legal or illegal, that is)

The above link reads in part as follows:

"But in an interview with MailOnline, CND's chief scientific advisor, Doug Schoon, explained that neon colourants are not illegal to wear, they have simply never been officially registered with the FDA.

Nail polish colourants, explained the nail manufacturing expert, must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration prior to production but no one has ever thought to submit any neon shades.

Consequently, he expanded, the 'ban' of neon has 'nothing to do with safety' but is simply a matter of comfort with the status quo.

'What determines whether a colour is neon is the chemical composition, just as it is with blues and greens,' Mr Schoon told us.
Any company could register a line of neon colours but 'it's expensive and too much work,' he said.

But Mr Schoon also admitted that technically speaking, neon is not 'illegal' and with 'more important things to deal with' the government agency is likely to 'turn a blind eye' to its small scale production."

Thanks Victoria. I suppose the point still stands though, that if the particular pigments never recieve approval, CND will never use them ;)

Actually I the majority of Vinylux is in stock now. .......
I'm with you on summer brights, CND do listen to us and they plan so far in advance that I wouldn't be surprised ig next year we get those few shades that we're missing like the yellow, the royal blue, the mint green. In the mean time we will have to layer over cream puff to get those brighter colours or use our pigments :)

Nope still out of stock on the summer brights...

No yellow or orange, so my friends if the demand is there for Vinylux then why haven't these colours been launched for Shellac..

We have been asking for these colours for YEARS!

It came back into stock. It was ordered and now it has gone again. The orange was there, I ordered some!

Saying that though my delivery arrived today and I was short 12 various bottles which were sold out. AGAIN. Hopefully were not waiting another 3 months....

It came back into stock. It was ordered and now it has gone again. The orange was there, I ordered some!

Saying that though my delivery arrived today and I was short 12 various bottles which were sold out. AGAIN. Hopefully were not waiting another 3 months....

Were you short on the azure wish by any chance? It was missing from my order...x

I really hope CND don't bring out neon colours or orange or yellow. I HAVE to buy every colour that comes out but my client base, as much as they are adventurous, don't want bright yellow nails or bright orange nails and if they do I can create it with additives or layering, saving money!

Were you short on the azure wish by any chance? It was missing from my order...x

No I wasnt. I was short Electric Orange and Lobster Roll, ordered 6 of each and a good chunk where customer orders. These are out of stock.

Bizarrely I was also not sent Lilac Longing, Impossibly Plush, Waterpark and another couple that I cant remember which are all showing as still in stock...very random.

Thanks Victoria. I suppose the point still stands though, that if the particular pigments never recieve approval, CND will never use them ;)

And that's fine, if they want to play it safe. No harm there.
Better safe than sorry.:wink2:
I just object to misleading answers to the question, and being told it's 'illegal' when it's not true (and I do not mean your reply to this question, because you're only repeating what you were told).

But I've seen that answer bandied about many forums and groups, instead of the facts. Which irks me.
I'm very keen on facts. It's a bugaboo of mine :hug:

Latest posts

Back