CND Shellac on dry, bendy, soft nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always look to expand training in my field. Once you are in a certain industry it is easier to find what you need. But getting into an industry is harder, all you get is pages and pages of courses. Of course, when you speak to the course providers, very little information is given and you're given the hard sell.
When the courses have been so bad, people turn to the forum asking something which, to the seems innocent. But it highlights how little they have been taught. Trying to tell someone that they have spent (what is to them) a huge amount of money, on a course that is no good, is a bitter pill to swallow. They then get defensive and the person that replies gets fed up of answering the same questions. It's a vicious circle. I think that things need to change to break the cycle and become more cohesive. I also think that the forum needs more advertising so newcomers know about it before they take up a course, so they can be educated.
Maybe we could have a thread of recommendations?? It could be of help to newcomers and those wishing to brush up their skills

I think that would help as long as you have experienced members answering the questions. We would end up in the same predicament, with newbies answering questions that could be factually incorrect. I know there is a ask a professional thread, but that is where the problems seem to lie. The give and take is not balanced.

I use IBX for people who use Shellac every two weeks for an extended time. Or lacquer applied weekly. The product is definitely for professional use only.

ugh, where is everyone? We’ve been so up and down the last two years.

I just went back to work after 18 months of unemployment in the US. We moved from New Mexico to Texas late 2020. So, new area and working part time to build a clientele.

Fatigue, dépression, uncertainty, loss pile up. Not the way I wanted to spend my ‘golden years’ for sure.
I’m so glad to be in the beauty industry. It’s nice to know that you are helping people to look and feel better.
I'm curious I just opened this up, and through career changes come back once again. I trained in the 80s loved it learnt so much, when i had a family in late 90s stopped, had a change with life , then did updated courses again, drill, gel, art, loved it again. stopped looking at this forum, then revisited. surprised once again. now I'm going for a position to become a trainer, so I'm back looking what's new, its sad how this is changed with not as much input. I just wanted to reply to you because you are a legend!!

Latest posts

Back