CND Shellac Poison Plum - who really likes the colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbara1505

Reaction score
Today I got some of my ordered Contradiction Colours. Here in Germany we get them in time delay.

What do you think about Poison Plum? At the first moment I thought something has gone wrong with the bottle. Never seen such a strange mixture colour/"glitter". Here in Germany we say "nichts halbes und nichts ganzes" but I can`t translate it correct.

Do you like Poison plum? Do you use it often? What`s your opinion to this colour? Ok, everyone has another liking but I think we have Dark Dahlia and Plum Paisley. In my opinion Poison Plum is exact the same colour as Dark Dahlia with a little, litlle touch of glitter what is only noticeable if you look under light with your nose in 10 centimeter distance ;).

I am a little bit disappointed:(.

Attachments

• clear[2].png
    clear[2].png
    137 bytes · Views: 196
I don't like the colour either. I thought it was going to be like butterfly queen but nothing like it. The glitter is disappointing and the vinylux is even worst. Looks like dead insects in it.

I would suggest 3 coats or may be 2 coats over plum paisley or dark dahlia.

I agree....not my favorite at all! No one has shown interest in it.. It is quite odd...

terrible colour it looks like it has a crushed oxo cube in it [emoji21]

terrible colour it looks like it has a crushed oxo cube in it [emoji21]
I just got this today, not had a look! Wish I hadn't bothered [emoji29]

I really don't like it! It's really thin and water like. The glitter through it doesn't seem right either. I haven't used it on a client yet no one has taken to it. We thought there was something not right with it and the girl back at the shop said that it's for texture rather than a glitter which I thought was strange

I think it's hideous. The glitter all clumps up and looks like nothing.
I've found the only way it looks nice is mattified as the glitter shows better.

Awful and so thin!

I didn't think much of it initially but applied over foils it actually looks amazing - especially pink or blue foils. It just a little help to show its true potential :)

I didn't think much of it initially but applied over foils it actually looks amazing - especially pink or blue foils. It just a little help to show its true potential :)

Interesting. Over foils? I only ever put Clearly pink, top coat or a glitter over foils, I never thought of applying a colour over them.
Do you apply 1coat PP, foils then another PP? If not can you please tell me your technique as I would like to try this.

Interesting. Over foils? I only ever put Clearly pink, top coat or a glitter over foils, I never thought of applying a colour over them.
Do you apply 1coat PP, foils then another PP? If not can you please tell me your technique as I would like to try this.

I did one thin coat clearly pink, foils (pink & silver), then 2 super thin coats of poison plum and this was my result.
I've seen it with blue foil too which looked great :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1441265410.553538.jpg
xx

I did one thin coat clearly pink, foils (pink & silver), then 2 super thin coats of poison plum and this was my result.
I've seen it with blue foil too which looked great :)View attachment 190333 xx

Thank you so much. I can't wait to try it.

Glad I've read this thread as I am so disappointed in Poison Plum.
Waste of money. Now you've given me ideas on how I might be able to use it.

Thank you[emoji140][emoji4]

Maybe we have to think more along the lines of using it like we would the VIPS Zillionare

Not one of my popular colours either. I've now started to not buy every new colour that's being released just the ones I know my clients will like.

Not one of my popular colours either. I've now started to not buy every new colour that's being released just the ones I know my clients will like.

I feel the same. I am a bit obsessional about having every colour, but then I get fed up with having shelf sitters. I spent an hour yesterday trying glitters and additives to make Vexed Violet into something exciting.
I am also disappointed with Naudic Lights.

Agree with Vexed Violet. Have you tried Magpie Glitters? They are fab and make any colour look less boring.

I've seen it with blue foil too which looked great :)View attachment 190333 xx

I tried this yesterday, and mine did not look any wear as nice as yours. Back to the drawing boar
Agree with Vexed Violet. Have you tried Magpie Glitters? They are fab and make any colour look less boring.

Yes I did, Erin, Pearl Crystal and Lily. Along with Lecente, Capri, Blackcurrent and Candy Pink. Erin was the only one that I liked. I also tried some additives. Other than Erin, the others were variations of murky grey/mauves. At least I can use VV as a base which will save other colours.

I sandwiched Lecente Foils and Glitters between layers of poison plum, now clients are loving it [emoji4]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1441726750.455362.jpg

They look lovely but it sounds like a lot of work to get the colour it should be already. I don't have the new colours yet and usually buy them all but I'm not so sure now x

Latest posts

Back