CND Shellac removal help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SZY

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a bit confused about shellac removal so wanted to ask if you are having the same experience or not.

On removal my shellac colours never come off/peel off as a big piece/pieces as it has been shown on the tutorials but in rather small flakes. After 14 days I soak a cotton pad with offly fast, wrap that around the nail using foil and wait about 10-15mins. I always end up using a cuticle pusher to scrape them off, trying my best to be gentle. An orange stick never does the trick.

TIA

Hi all, I am a bit confused about shellac removal so wanted to ask if you are having the same experience or not.

On removal my shellac colours never come off/peel off as a big piece/pieces as it has been shown on the tutorials but in rather small flakes. After 14 days I soak a cotton pad with offly fast, wrap that around the nail using foil and wait about 10-15mins. I always end up using a cuticle pusher to scrape them off, trying my best to be gentle. An orange stick never does the trick.

TIA

You're leaving it too long, the remover will begin to evaporate. 8 minutes is plenty, any longer and the remover evaporates and the product rehardens.

Shellac is meant to break apart into very small pieces when it is wrapped in acetone.

Small pieces come off easier than large pieces of gel. A large piece of gel has more sticking power and can damage the nail when techs pry at it, which is what techs do when they can't get it off.

Shellac is meant to break apart into very small pieces when it is wrapped in acetone.

not necessarily, especially when their latest promotional video shows it coming off virtually in one piece 🤓

It may be that the foil is becoming loose and moving about on the nail a little so the acetone is not in absolute position the whole time.

SHELLAC™ TOP COAT REMOVAL TIMES:

XPRESS5™ 5 MINUTES
ORIGINAL 8 MINUTES
DURAFORCE™ 15 MINUTES
SPECIAL EFFECTS 8-10 MINUTES

not necessarily, especially when their latest promotional video shows it coming off virtually in one piece 🤓

I haven't seen any new vids that shows this. I only seen vids showing the new polygel. If you can find the vid you are talking about, Id love to see it.

I believe the original Shellac formula is made to break into small pieces, again because small gel pieces comes off the nails easier because it has no biting power. That is why when you see gel polish stuck after soaking in acetone, its very large pieces that gets pried off.

CND tries very hard to minimize and prevent damage to the nails.

Interesting. It seems that they've changed the formula. Removal this way is easier since its a large piece. However, I would love to see how well it wears vs the original formula.

OPI prohealth had a similar effect on removal and that product has been discontinued due to complaints.

Latest posts

Back