CND Shellac separating on application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxandpolish

Reaction score
Hi

I have been doing nails for several years and only use CND polish and products. I do full pep on everyone and scrub-fresh all Nails before starting to paint. I have a couple of clients though who have an issue. I paint base coat and cure and when it comes out of the machine the coating has all separated, there are gaps and holes ... it almost looks like the effect of oil and water. Can't explain this very well - same two clients every time though. Any ideas?

Hi

I have been doing nails for several years and only use CND polish and products. I do full pep on everyone and scrub-fresh all Nails before starting to paint. I have a couple of clients though who have an issue. I paint base coat and cure and when it comes out of the machine the coating has all separated, there are gaps and holes ... it almost looks like the effect of oil and water. Can't explain this very well - same two clients every time though. Any ideas?
Are they highly pigmented colours?
If so, perhaps applying too thick? Or if it's getting to the end of the bottle?

Hi

This happens very occasionally to me so I know exactly what you mean!!....... one tip I could give you is make sure when you've scrubfreshed that the nail is absolutely dry before you base coat. This can also happen if there is any residue of product left on the nail too like cuticle away, maybe a hand cream the client has used. Even though you prep thoroughly you won't know if any residue is present until you start to paint. HTH X

I have EXACTLY the same, same two ladies and one of them only on infill but never on first set. I've tried everything from fetching my gels out of my work room the night before (is it too cold in there overnight if she's first client ?), checking bulbs, throwing some gel away thinking its at fault.....nope....still happens. With one lady it only happens on one hand mainly. I've never gotten to the bottom of the issue really but I have solved it by using a fresh pad and extra scrub fresh on each finger and getting that first layer on quickly and in straight in the lamp. You have to make sure you've spotted it in time, if you cure without spotting it's a real bind buffing out etc.
Good luck.....extra scrub fresh...change pad more frequently....it helped me [emoji4]

Try using Nail Fresh. Use it before scrub fresh.

It sounds like there could be oil left of the nail plate. I would firstly ask your clients to wash their hands with soap and water. You must deactivate the Cuticle Away with water and throughly Scrub Fresh the nail plate and free edge before applying Shellac Base Coat.x

Latest posts

Back