CND Shellac shrinking back from free edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailMale

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I'm having a bit of an issue lately and am just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue? When I cap the free edge with the colour coat I can see it shrinking back from the edge of the nail, you can see it as a white line appearing, I did wonder if I was maybe filing the nails at too much of an angle?
Any thoughts or input would be good
Thanks.

Are you ensuring you cover it with base coat first? Usually if you cap your free edge with base coat, colour should go on well x

Are you ensuring you cover it with base coat first? Usually if you cap your free edge with base coat, colour should go on well x
Hey Squidger, thanks for your reply, yeah Im definately coating it with base coat.

The only colour I have this issue with is Tropix, seeing as I absolutely hate that colour I have been known to steer clients away from it :oops::p

I don't get it with any others....are you using the full CND system such as scrubfresh etc.

I always get this with Grape Gum. Try going over and underneath the free edge of the nail with Scrubfresh x

I get this with Grape Gum too. Even after I've shaken it well. Not my favourite colour, so I don't push it on to clients.
All other colours are ok though. !

Latest posts

Back