CND Shellac - Spring 2017 "New Wave"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought five of them, and left the yellow - I have three already, which have seen no use.

They are all lovely colours. However, I find pink Leggings and Ecstasy similar to existing colours. Video Violet is different, and very pretty and Blue Eyeshadow is the blue I've been waiting for! It's stunning.

I agree, nobody ever wants yellow (well not in my area) and pink leggings & ecstasy do look too similar to other colours for me to get them.

The violet is nice, and the blue is different and I'll probably get it although for my clientele I can see it being a shelf sitter

I agree, nobody ever wants yellow (well not in my area) and pink leggings & ecstasy do look too similar to other colours for me to get them.

The violet is nice, and the blue is different and I'll probably get it although for my clientele I can see it being a shelf sitter
Well I thought that, too (although I will wear it!); However my most conservative client who usually only ever has wildfire came in yesterday and said she'd definitely be having the blue because it really caught her eye!

I'm so excited to be doing something other than red

I did have one client earlier in the week say that she might have a yellow for her holiday in May - that will be the only time I have ever used any of them, other than on pops.

I bought five of them, and left the yellow - I have three already, which have seen no use.

They are all lovely colours. However, I find pink Leggings and Ecstasy similar to existing colours. Video Violet is different, and very pretty and Blue Eyeshadow is the blue I've been waiting for! It's stunning.

Linzi, have you found Pink Leggings very sheer? It is meant to be opaque, but even three coats it is not full coverage and is still slightly transparent? I have stirred it and shaken it as I thought that may help, but it didn't. I wondered whether that is the consistency or have I got a rogue bottle.

Linzi, have you found Pink Leggings very sheer? It is meant to be opaque, but even three coats it is not full coverage and is still slightly transparent? I have stirred it and shaken it as I thought that may help, but it didn't. I wondered whether that is the consistency or have I got a rogue bottle.
I did actually.

However, I've just seen a post from Fee Wallace on Facebook (it was about banana clips) saying that some colours are being applied TOO thin as people were being too wary of the things to win motto. She said she was getting perfect, opaque coverage from two slightly thicker coats; I will try this next time :)

I'm wearing jelly bracelet at the moment. Two coats gave good coverage but 2 weeks on my natural white tips are showing through a bit (not that anyone else would notice).
I think I will do 3 coats of this in future.

Ecstasy and video violet covered well in two coats. Have yet to use the others but I think pink leggings will be one for foil sandwiches!

I did actually.

However, I've just seen a post from Fee Wallace on Facebook (it was about banana clips) saying that some colours are being applied TOO thin as people were being too wary of the things to win motto. She said she was getting perfect, opaque coverage from two slightly thicker coats; I will try this next time :)

Thank you. I just tried two thicker coats of pink leggings (it's not a wrinkler) on a colour pop and whilst the coverage was better it is still not what I call properly opaque. I think I will try layering it over another shade.

Last edited:
Hi Ladys,

I am with you in your opinions.

Till now I was happy and proud that I have every single colour from every collection - and that as an holistic therapist who is doing nails only as a section of the work (but I love it :))

At this time I ordered only five colours and let the yellow. I have the three other yellows and use them only once in a year. I must say that I am a little bit disappointed from the collection because there are a lot of similar colours. Only the blue and the lilac are very special.

Ok, CND Shellac has now circa 140 colours it is perhaps difficult to make fantastic new shades. But I also think, that there can be perhaps more effect colours (example like Gelish "Lots of dots" or "Candy shop" if you know what I mean) or, something like perhaps "cat eye" (to use with a magnet) . Furthermore we have plenty of greens and blue colour shades but only a few grey shades.

Now I think it is time for me to pick up the colours thoroughly. I great help will be the awesome videos from LiverpoolLashes

Thank you LiverpoolLashes for your work!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back