CND Shellac - The shelf sitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this thread! Great color combo ideas, ladies!!!

I take the colour pop that has the first colour on and add a small amount of the second to it. Client sees how the combo looks and it's easy to remove with d'sperse.

I can never seem able to fully remove Zillionaire when trialled on a colour pop for a client to see a combo - all the pieces of glitter stay on the colour pop...

When you do your palettes do you use base coat?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can never seem able to fully remove Zillionaire when trialled on a colour pop for a client to see a combo - all the pieces of glitter stay on the colour pop...

That's strange I've never had that happen x

When you do your palettes do you use base coat?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

No base coat is needed on the pops or wheels just go straight in with colour xx

Eek ive NEVER used faux fur! Its awfy "pooey" looking! Any layering combo suggestions? Xxx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Eek ive NEVER used faux fur! Its awfy "pooey" looking! Any layering combo suggestions? Xxx

And with your username too!:wink2: I like Vexed Violet over Faux Fur, it gives a metallic grey. Also Gold VIP Status is nice over the top. It also deepens the reds nicely, try putting Decadence over it.

Keep them coming faylizzie ! you have given me loads of inspiration thank you

I will! I started doing it in the rubbish weather but the only downside to UV polish is not being able to do it sat in the sun- otherwise would of done them all by now lol!

Once I've done them all ill upload on to my PC an put them in an album so everyone can see as some people may like the ones I hate an didn't upload so I will upload all of them once I'm don't just don't hold your breath as I'm not sure how long it will take lol!!

Xxxx

And with your username too!:wink2: I like Vexed Violet over Faux Fur, it gives a metallic grey. Also Gold VIP Status is nice over the top. It also deepens the reds nicely, try putting Decadence over it.

Lol yeah nicole333 faux fur is more "babies nappy" in my eyes! lmao ive really had bother trying to like it so find it reallllly hard trying to promote it! Im def going to try the layering with vexed violet though! Xx

Lol yeah nicole333 faux fur is more "babies nappy" in my eyes! lmao ive really had bother trying to like it so find it reallllly hard trying to promote it! Im def going to try the layering with vexed violet though! Xx

:lol: Ooh another alternative name for a Shellac colour! Reminds me of an entertaining evening had with another Geek :wink2:

Also, have you had a look on Finger nail fixers facebook page? She did a marathon layering session a while back and posted all the pics on her page.

Loving the combos .... Xxx

Your not the only one I have this problem too xxx

Here are some mote photos. Wheel with tinsel toast layered over a variety of different colours. Iced coral layered over different colours (none of the 2013 colour releases are on these 2 wheels)

Attachments

• 1374050390554.jpg
    1374050390554.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 594
  • 1374050402682.jpg
    1374050402682.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 689
If limeade is a shelf sitter for you here are some combinations.

Studio White, Limeade and romantique.
Limeade and Moonlight and Roses
Limeade and Azure Wish
Hotski to Tchotchke and Limeade
Limeade and Iced Coral
Limeade and Grapefruit Sparkle
Grape Gum and Limeade
Rock Royalty and Limeade
Dark Lava and Limeade
Masquerade and Limeade
Pretty Poison and Limeade

Attachments

• 1374050448103.jpg
    1374050448103.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 566
Cake Pop and Hot Chillis
Pink Bikini and Hot Chilis

Azure Wish and Moonlight and Roses
Azure Wish and Strawberry Smoothie
Azure Wish and Iced Coral
Hotski to Tchotchke and Azure Wish
Azure Wish and Grapefruit Sparkle

Attachments

• 1374050668263.jpg
    1374050668263.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 4,384
  • 1374050704856.jpg
    1374050704856.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,773
Hi geeks I remember someone asking about shelf life somewhere on here but can't find it now...does anyone what shellac shelf life is.... I can't seem to see anything on the box or bottle.

Hi geeks I remember someone asking about shelf life somewhere on here but can't find it now...does anyone what shellac shelf life is.... I can't seem to see anything on the box or bottle.

A year after its been opened 2 years if it unopened I believe. Having said that though I've got some colours that are 2 years old, they are just as good as my new ones. No issues with them at all and I know other techs and EA's have said the same thing in the past xx

A year after its been opened 2 years if it unopened I believe. Having said that though I've got some colours that are 2 years old, they are just as good as my new ones. No issues with them at all and I know other techs and EA's have said the same thing in the past xx

Surely there can't be a shelf life unopened :confused:... They could have been made a year ago for all know. I bought 40 colours and at least half of them look like it could be old due to the packaging differences x

If iced Cappuccino is a shelf sitter for you I've just seen a gorgeous nude on Creative Academy bournmouths page. 1x Iced Cappuccino and 1x Strawberry Smoothie.

Here in Florida the shelf sitters can be the darker colors like Fedora, Pretty Poison, midnight swim. I didn't even bother to buy faux fur to just sit on the shelf. I held back on the colors just released too as they are all too similar to colors we already have or can layer.

All the paler colors and pinks etc. go down well though. Reds are more popular in the "winter".

My own least favourite colour is Coral.

I am slowly introducing more Gelish along side Shellac as the color selection is good especially the glittery ones.

Latest posts

Back