CND Shellac, why won’t my glitter stick?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have the new CND LED light. However I am struggling to get my magpie glitter to stick to it once cured. So at the moment I am curing the base coat on (1) which is 10secs, the colour coats on (2s) which is 60 seconds.
I just don’t understand it’s like the colour is completely cured and not tacky enough. Am I being a complete numpty and doing something wrong with this light?

Is it CND Shellac gel polish you are using and is it particular colours causing the issue?

I know I cure Shellac gel polish twice before applying foils to make it extra sticky but my glitter (Lecente brand) always sticks easily with just one standard cure on 2s

Perhaps someone who uses magpie glitter can advise further...

Is it CND Shellac gel polish you are using and is it particular colours causing the issue?

I know I cure Shellac gel polish twice before applying foils to make it extra sticky but my glitter (Lecente brand) always sticks easily with just one standard cure on 2s

Perhaps someone who uses magpie glitter can advise further...
Hi yes it is shellac, If I was to cure two coats on 2s it would literally be dry no stickiness at all.

Hi yes it is shellac, If I was to cure two coats on 2s it would literally be dry no stickiness at all.

I'm sure I started to cure twice on the advice of cnd for extra stickiness.

Perhaps just try a different brand of glitter? Can't think why it won't stick after one cure on 2s.

I have a large collection of glitters including Lecenté and magpie and they are very similar.
I dont use shellac however I haven’t noticed a difference using either of them with my gel polishes

You should try a different brand. I'm sure there is some issue with the glitters you are using.

You should try a different brand. I'm sure there is some issue with the glitters you are using.
I have been using these glitters for over a year with Jessica Gel and all was fine.

I’m wondering whether the new CND LED lamp is over curing?

I don't think the CND LED light would affect the glitter adherence or be able to over cure. If anything shellac gives a really sticky layer.
Try the 'press and pat' technique to apply the glitter to really press the glitter into the colour.

Is your shellac purchased through Sweet squared or Ellisons? If not, it could be fake and would explain why you are finding it not sticky.
Just a thought...

Latest posts

Back