CND Shellac without colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyVee

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive only just started with your wonderful forum and have already started learning little "tricks of the trade" :D

I have a friend who wants me to start shellac-ing her nails however she has restrictions with her work (private school teacher) and is only allowed clear/non coloured nails.

I suggested a few of the subtle colours but she insists on having just clear.:grr:

All good, anyways I was thinking about doing one layer of the base coat, followed by one or two layers of the top coat... until I start playing I wont know if it needs a second layer of top coat

My question is this, if she does happen to need a 2nd layer of topcoat once the first layer is cured, should I wipe off the tacky film with the isopropyl alcohol before going for round two? I would say yes but I'd better check with you experts :cool:

Its probably a silly question :o

Thanks
Missy x

Hello there. I use clearly pink when someone wants a very natural look, it's not pink, but what it says, clearly pink! gives the nails a lovely healthy glow., I'm not sure why you feel you need 2 coats of top coat, 1 will certainly be sufficient.

Try it, you'll love it.

I also use clearly pink for colorless nails, however 1 base and 2 topcoats is fine, and you don't need to remove the tackiness before your second coat.

I have done this myself several times before I bought Clearly Pink x

I would also suggest clearly pink. It doesn't look pink at all, just a clear colour that makes the nail look the healthiest it can. If you choose to do base then 2 top coats without a colour, then no you don't have to remove the tacky layer. That's what it's there for, to adhere another layer. Just wipe when all layers are done.

Thanks Christine for your quick reply.

I showed her clearly pink, beau and even mother of pearl but she was adamant on just having clear...

I just thought two coats would make it a little more durable because it is only 2 total layers instead of 4 when the colour is applied

Cheers,
Missy x

Thanks Em and Fee...makes sense!
Ive been so careful not to touch any layers after curing them when doing my own LOL

I would offer her clearly pink, it would be perfect as its so natural looking it will just look like a very healthy nail. I wouldn't remover the sticky layer if I was applying 2 topcoats but one would be sufficient, I only do 2 top coats with rockstar xx

Sorry I missed that you'd shown her lol
Have you shown her on a colour pop as in the bottle it looks very different xx

Thanks Christine for your quick reply.

I showed her clearly pink, beau and even mother of pearl but she was adamant on just having clear...

I just thought two coats would make it a little more durable because it is only 2 total layers instead of 4 when the colour is applied

Cheers,
Missy x

I see where your'e coming from. I have, from time to time on my own nails just used a base coat and a topcoat with 1 layer and it lasted fine, but I understand your reason for thinking about doing 2 coats.
Maybe do one nail on her so she can see just how lovely clearly pink is, and it's more glossy as opposed to pink.

Clearly pink for me too!! I am a special constable and as such can't always have colour on my nails so clearly pink is fab! It's just like a clear gloss for the nail , gives a lovely shine with NO COLOUR. And you have the added bonus of not being obvious as the nail grows too. I have several clients that are full time police and this perfect for them .

Claire xx

Clearly pink is one of the most underrated CND Shellac colours we have. I love it and use one dedicated bottle for over rockstar glitter.

There is nothing wrong in using two topcoats if a client insists on completely clear but do remember there are less Tiny Tunnels in topcoat, so by using two layers it may take a little longer to remove.

Latest posts

Back