CND stock and education in Bournemouth?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
Just wondering if S2 have lost their sole distributer rights for CND in the uk now that Bournemouth academy have gone independent. And also for those of us who have done courses there and bought stock there what happens now? Are they following a different education program? Do purchases made there still keep you on the Love Shellac locator?

The information the academy are sharing on public media is very patchy and has left me very confused so hoping someone can clarify.

No, S2 are the exclusive distributors of CND for the UK and Ireland - question anyone that tells you different (and be sure to pass along). The ex distributor partner in that area is just that... an ex authorised distributor and education centre for CND. Due to various reasons, we took the decision to part ways a couple of months ago and wish their team the best of luck on their new focus.

The courses you attended while it was an authorised source for training and purchases still stand. However they are not authorised to do either moving forward for CND or for us.

Sam thank you for taking the time to clarify. From what you've said, they are giving out a lot of incorrect information then :-/ So in future any courses should be booked direct with yourselves presumably with a different EA now.

That is unfortunate to hear. We are now working to sort matters out to ensure no additional confusion takes place. If you do hear or see anything that purports the confusion, please pass my way.

Regarding education, feel free to call us. Hannah is in the area (and is awesome). We also have Holly down next week with Samantha - so swing down and say hi.

So do Bournemouth no longer stock and have the sweet shop?

They are no longer an authorised distributor partners for us, CND or our other exclusive brands.

Oh, I know my friend just said they got a big delivery of CND shellac in and said she was thinking of doing a course with them as they said in a roundabout way they were still doing CND and shellac training, I will point them in s2's direction

This is not good, one respected professional giving a completely different account to another respected professional.

Bournemouth are continuing to offer Shellac and the education as far as I have interpreted things and they have also introduced Gelish too to meet the needs of their customers. So with it being said that they are not authorised, where does it leave the whole importing saga?
They are not suddenly going to start importing through any dodgy channels are they? They are a well run establishment, just like the Creative Academy in Dublin that continue to offer Shellac but are no longer involved with SweetSquared.

I didn't think it was that much of a big deal when I read about the changes the other week, but after reading this thread I do not know what to think about the whole thing now. Why would anyone feel the need to dupe their customers? Why can't professionals who no longer do business together just be honest and upfront as nobody would really care to hear anything different, we just don't want to be duped when we trust in them by means of financial investment.

I have definitely read today from them on Facebook they will be stocking, training with and selling shellac.

The Bournemouth team are still stocking CND legally and lots more very respected products in response to their clients requests! All the training that is available is of the highest standard and they are continuing to provide their local area with the best service they can. I am proud to support such a passionate team that have become independent. No longer being part of S2 is not the end of their standards and experience.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Cheryl Sait-Parkinson

Bournemouth Academy have always been very helpful to me and I will always support them. I have had some of my best education with them and they make you feel part of a "family" which is very important if you work alone! Bournemouth bring it on!!!

If you read the latest post, it states that no more personal information will be discussed (not that much was discussed in the first place). I think this is why the post has been removed, to put an end to the wispers… they are an extremely professional team who just want to do what they do best, educate and inspire! I have been in there recently and see such a change in there outlook, they sound re-enegised and genuinely excited with the future of the business. I for one will continue to purchase all my products from there, as I am in business myself, and as long as they have the stock I need to continue to run my business, then thats good enough for me!

I'm slightly confused as there was a a post on there Facebook page and there were several comments of people asking for clarification that they were no longer accososiated with sweet squared, I've just gone to look and see if anyone had answered this but it looks like the post has been deleted, so now I'm even more confused!

Ive just seen this to which is why I've deleted the post, as its now been clarified, which I completely understand :)

No, S2 are the exclusive distributors of CND for the UK and Ireland - question anyone that tells you different (and be sure to pass along). The ex distributor partner in that area is just that... an ex authorised distributor and education centre for CND. Due to various reasons, we took the decision to part ways a couple of months ago and wish their team the best of luck on their new focus.

The courses you attended while it was an authorised source for training and purchases still stand. However they are not authorised to do either moving forward for CND or for us.

If they are an ex distributer partner does that mean that if we purchase Shellac etc, from their shop, that our purchases won't count, therefore we could be removed from the CND salon locator?
I was going to purchase several things on Monday and I'm a little worried now. Also I messaged you ref some training I booked in for this Monday so I'm up in arms as to what to do.
Model is all arranged, plus I've taken no bookings deliberately for the Monday because of the training. Now I'm worried as to if it will be worthless.
I'm watching this space in anticipation.

Hey Barbara,

They are no longer authorised distributors so the education and the purchases will not count as such. That doesn't mean they aren't good educators, it just means that CND nor S2 will recognise any training post June 10th, as they are not authorised, nor are their educators involved in the national update training this weekend.

I do hope they aren't purporting to offer authorised training as that would be very misleading to the public.

Hey Barbara,

They are no longer authorised distributors so the education and the purchases will not count as such. That doesn't mean they aren't good educators, it just means that CND nor S2 will recognise any training post June 10th, as they are not authorised, nor are their educators involved in the national update training this weekend.

I do hope they aren't purporting to offer authorised training as that would be very misleading to the public.

Ok, Thank you for replying.

Is there another sweet shop in the south?

Why are they advertising the new modern Folklaw collection then?

Latest posts

Back