CND to be bought out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
I hope that I'm reading this wrong and that I've missunderstood.
But am I correct, and this article says that Revlon (that retails to general public) has purchased CND?
And if yes, should we be concerned about diversion?
Up until now, CND has always been PROFESSIONAL only. I love it for that, for sticking to it's guns.

Revlon to Acquire Colomer Group for $660 Million - Bloomberg

I thought they were already owned by a big group like that anyways....is it that, like Bobbi Brown for instance , is now owned by Estee Lauder companies but the founders of BB over-see and run that group under the EL umbrella? Same thing , no?

I just read that and jumped on here to see if anyone was talking about it. I'm kinda freaking out actually! What does this mean for all of us? I hope Jan Arnold makes an announcement or something.

Oh dear.... Yes, it looks like they have been acquired by that report. I hope CND will be kind enough to let us know what changes are a head. 😳

Hopefully not...:eek:

I suspect it will make no difference whatsoever to the way that CND operates. Revlon will not want to damage the already successful business model, will they?

I think revlon sold cnd to collomer group in 2000....

I suspect it will make no difference whatsoever to the way that CND operates. Revlon will not want to damage the already successful business model, will they?

I have to agree with this. I honestly don't see them making any products that CND offer available to the public. It just doesn't make sense to me as they sell their own brand of nail polish on the high street. From reading the article it seems like they are just trying to get into another market, professional salons. I hope they do not change anything and hopefully we will hear more about what the plans are for the future.

I think revlon sold cnd to collomer group in 2000....

I don't think anyone need panic! This is correct. CND have been owned by Revlon before.

CND is a professional brand that makes no real sense in a retail market.

Samuel has just tweeted something rather cryptic...I was wondering what it must've been about...maybe its this?

He wrote: "About fricken time! #thoseintheknow"

Last edited:
It will be interesting. Revlon owned Colomer 13 years ago and sold it. Colomer, in fact, has been producing the Revlon professional line under license. I notice that the article refers to that fact that these companies are focusing on acquiring salon-focused business and that professional cosmetics are among the most profitable in the industry, so I hope that means that it is Revlon's intention to maintain that salon focus and really run with it. Given that CND is so R&D and education focused this sale might mean that they will now have the financial backing of industry giant Revlon in providing resources to those areas.

It will be interesting. Revlon owned Colomer 13 years ago and sold it. Colomer, in fact, has been producing the Revlon professional line under license. I notice that the article refers to that fact that these companies are focusing on acquiring salon-focused business and that professional cosmetics are among the most profitable in the industry, so I hope that means that it is Revlon's intention to maintain that salon focus and really run with it. Given that CND is so R&D and education focused this sale might mean that they will now have the financial backing of industry giant Revlon in providing resources to those areas.

Actually, Revlon never has owned Colomer until now.
13 years ago, Revlon international acquired CND and revlon international was then bought by the Colomer group.
Now Revlon have reacquired CND along with the Colomer Group.
Revlon respected CND and their mission to serve the professional then and as a stand alone company Company and there will not be a change to that now.
Kind of exciting !!

13 years ago, Revlon international acquired CND and revlon international was then bought by the Colomer group.
Revlon respected CND and their mission to serve the professional then and as a stand alone company Company and there will not be a change to that now.
Kind of exciting !!

Thank you, I knew I could get the right information here. I feel much better now!

Thank you, I knew I could get the right information here. I feel much better now!
I lived through it and was part of it all and am very upbeat about this acquisition. :biggrin: r&r d will go on as it always has gone on producing the best products in the world.

ok pheeeew, so I'm panicking for nothing then LOL

Mega exciting!

Kind of exciting !!

That's odd, I was not working in the industry then, so I have no personal knowledge of it, but didn't Revlon acquire Carlos Colomer back in the 70's? And then in 2000, they sold the pro division to Colomer (renamed TCG)? Both Bloomberg and Reuters report this purchase as a re-purchase.

But I think the critical issue here is that the very reason they have bought it now is the salon focus, so I think that aspect of CND is quite safe.

Latest posts

Back