CND training for a newbie!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floss26

Reaction score
I'm a complete beginner so looking to do a decent manicure/pedicure course, I'd then like to do Shellac training and see how I get on for a few months before learning how to do enhancements (I'm a mature student and this would be a complete career change for me). Having done a lot of research I only hear good things about CND training, but it seems that the only option open to me is the 7 day Naturally course.

This course looks fantastic and will more than meet my needs I'm sure, but it will be really difficult for me as I live just a bit too far from my nearest Academy to commute every day; it's also very expensive at £1200 including VAT, and I'd obviously need to add accomodation costs to this. It would also mean using up almost 2 weeks of my annual leave as I'm still employed elsewhere, and I'd have the problem of finding models, being so far from home.

I hope I'm not coming across as being really negative - I'm not at all, I'm really keen to get started! But I'm driving myself crazy trying to find a way around this and I'm getting nowhere, so just wondering if anyone can suggest any good alternatives?

Hello. You dont HAVE to do the manicure and pedicure course at CND. You could possibly find one closer to home and then go for the 1 day Shellac course. A manicure and pedicure qualification is a must to do the Shellac course though. I hope this helps on cutting down your costs :) x

I'm a complete beginner so looking to do a decent manicure/pedicure course, I'd then like to do Shellac training and see how I get on for a few months before learning how to do enhancements (I'm a mature student and this would be a complete career change for me). Having done a lot of research I only hear good things about CND training, but it seems that the only option open to me is the 7 day Naturally course.

This course looks fantastic and will more than meet my needs I'm sure, but it will be really difficult for me as I live just a bit too far from my nearest Academy to commute every day; it's also very expensive at £1200 including VAT, and I'd obviously need to add accomodation costs to this. It would also mean using up almost 2 weeks of my annual leave as I'm still employed elsewhere, and I'd have the problem of finding models, being so far from home.

I hope I'm not coming across as being really negative - I'm not at all, I'm really keen to get started! But I'm driving myself crazy trying to find a way around this and I'm getting nowhere, so just wondering if anyone can suggest any good alternatives?

Have you spoken to Sweet Squared? I really recommend that you do. All CND courses with all educators are booked through them and they have lovely personnel to answer all your questions and to guide you along the right path.

It's not surprising you are confused if you are trying to figure out everything by yourself.

Give Sweet Squared a call on 08452106060 and get all the correct information from the horses mouth. The Creative Complete course sounds like the one for you .... It has everything included and it is worth travelling to get the best. No sense in spending your money on anything else in my opinion.

I agree, if you train with CND then you are able to purchase CND products. The CND brand is a massive selling point and many people call my salon asking what products we use, when we say CND they book in.
I also think it's a good idea to train with the products that you will be using, if you hope to offer Shellac in the future then it's best to pay a little more to be educated by the correct people using the system that you're interested in!
Good luck and as for a career change... You'll love it xx

Thanks for the advice everyone. I phoned Sweet Squared but it was pretty much as I thought, and I will have to travel quite a distance to do the Naturally course but I'm more and more convinced that it'll be worth my while. Just can't wait to get started now, and find out what all the fuss is about!:biggrin:

Hi,
my intentions were/ are exactly the same as yours, I live in Spain so it was unrealistic to commute to the u.k. So in the end I got on a NVQ Manicure pedicure course, which is flexible in hours, integrated within a full time beauty course, it' worked out really well this way as I work and have kids. They recommended a minimum of 60 hours, although I'm welcome to attend more at no extra cost, which i will be entering soon! there's a lot of practice required so it's working out fine as I don't think I could have juggled my life and an intensive course! The CND educator here said to come along for the day to introduce me to shellac at no cost on purchase of product. I don't know if you could maybe find a similar set up there, as it also disperses the costs, I wish you the best of luck & hope you enjoy it as much as me

Louise

Hi,
my intentions were/ are exactly the same as yours, I live in Spain so it was unrealistic to commute to the u.k. So in the end I got on a NVQ Manicure pedicure course, which is flexible in hours, integrated within a full time beauty course, it' worked out really well this way as I work and have kids. They recommended a minimum of 60 hours, although I'm welcome to attend more at no extra cost, which i will be entering soon! there's a lot of practice required so it's working out fine as I don't think I could have juggled my life and an intensive course! The CND educator here said to come along for the day to introduce me to shellac at no cost on purchase of product. I don't know if you could maybe find a similar set up there, as it also disperses the costs, I wish you the best of luck & hope you enjoy it as much as me

Louise

Hi Louise, sounds like you've come to a good arrangement there and how lovely of your CND educator to be so helpful with regard to Shellac! How soon do you expect to be up and running? Are you intending to give up your other job and just do nails?

As for myself - I took geeg's excellent advice up thread and spoke to Sweet Squared, who were incredibly helpful. After an awful lot of deliberation I eventually decided on the Complete course and they arranged some dates for me with an educator based about an hour from where I live, which is perfect. The course starts next month but the 16 days are spread out until the end of the year, so it won't impact on my current job at all. And I've also got to know a lovely fellow Geek through this forum who's doing the course with me, so it's all good! Can't wait to get started! :biggrin:

Oh and don't forget to join the Spanish Geeks group btw!

Well done, I'm really glad you've got it sorted, I know how much you want to do this :biggrin: xx

That's great, I'm hoping to finish the manicure course and get in to shellac by next month , I' m going to London to do a stone therapy course, and on my return hope to get started working with nails and massage, mobile, and see how thins go whilst juggling all the other things i have on!
All the bestLEFT][/LEFT]

I agree try to do CNd as I made the mistake of going other route I trained in beauty 20 years ago left my job as causing me to much stress decided to refresh skills as although qualified had not done any work for years , but I bitter,ey regret not going with CND you could as suggested do Manu/Pedi the Shellac and zinc to start off and eventually do enhancements x

Sorry meant Shellac and Minx I hit my keys to fast x

Good luck! I too am a mature student (I'm 40) well not a student anymore as I've just qualified:)
I'm going to train with CND, doing a Brisa gel conversion course, it's just a day and I cannot wait!!!x

Latest posts

Back