CND training the same worldwide?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asteropi

Reaction score
I know most here wouldn't be able to answer me but I'm hoping someone might shed some light into this
I went to a salon lately to work closer to home. They used shellac, original. While I was performing a shellac manicure on the owner she asked me why I hadn't buffed the nail as I should have, at which I answered that according to shellac instructions it was simply not needed in order to protect the natural nail. She then incredulously and quite bossily told me that she herself was CND trained and it was clear in the instructions that we buff the nail and she had never heard of what I was saying to her!
So anyway my question is whether CND training is universal or not, as I was under the impression that it was and doesn't or shouldn't it be checked somehow? Or is this incident a one case thing of the relevant instructor?

How long ago was your training/her training? I'm sure they say not to buff (I'm OPI trained and we don't buff) x

No idea. It wasn't me who did the training as much as I'd love to. Only academy is in Athens [emoji30]

I'm in America and trained with CND when shellac was first introduced and later in my career and CND says no buffing it adds to removal time

Email Sweet Square or CND.com in the Stares and check but I'm 99% sure it's no buffing no matter where you are. It's the same product...why would the instructions be different???

No buffing for Shellac in Latvia as well.

There should be no buffing of the natural nail for CND Shellac application, globally

Besides asking of whether it's global or not, as I expected it would be, I wanted to complain about it. Those instructors really should get an unexpected call or get retrained or something like that! It has really put me off. How are we expected to follow their instructions if their instructors don't? I don't like being told off and passed as ignorant, while I'm the one doing all the correct steps! I have contcted CND regarding the matter. We'll see how that goes.

Besides asking of whether it's global or not, as I expected it would be, I wanted to complain about it. Those instructors really should get an unexpected call or get retrained or something like that! It has really put me off. How are we expected to follow their instructions if their instructors don't? I don't like being told off and passed as ignorant, while I'm the one doing all the correct steps! I have contcted CND regarding the matter. We'll see how that goes.

I'd be inclined to believe your colleague was lying to be honest, plenty of tech's claim to be trained in Shellac but buff the natural nail....it's sure sign they're lying.

Ask to see her course literature, I bet you she can't provide any. I'd be playing dumb and asking to see hers to ensure yours is not wrong (wink wink)

She was the salon owner sooo that wouldn't be a good start. And I didn't go there. My hours didn't suit her. She claims to be LCN Wilde pedique trained as well. She was indeed using all original products, but not the lamps.

Only if she truly is CND instructor, she can be enforced by CND to follow the correct steps. If she is not, I doubt there is much CND can do, in that case your best bet would be going to authorities responsible for "nail tech education" in your country - then they could check if her qualifications, etc. match whit what is required. Yet you have to face the fact that it all may be left as is... As government institutions tend to lack willpower and resources to enforce things, which in their view isn't critical. And I can easily imagine, that they couldn't care less about such "tiny matter" as to buff or no to buff the nail plate.
Have you ever heard of some one dying from nail plate buffing? I haven't.
Maybe I painted somewhat dark picture, but from my experience this is the most likely scenario.

If she is CND trained she will have a certificate to show that she is accredited. I keep mine on my treatment room wall for all to see. It garners trust at the end of the day. Definitely no nail buffing with Shellac

I’ve trained in the UK and the US. Yes the training is the same but different tricks of the trade have been picked up along the way. For example what you have experience. No you are not meant to buff the nail but with new clients some educators say, after the fact, give the nail a buff as it’s never had product on it. Little things are tweaked here and there but the training is literally the same around the world.

Latest posts

Back