CND training - what do I need?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vickytoms

Reaction score
Hi all

I qualified to do acrylic nails 6 years ago but only completed a few full sets before getting a different job so never really bothered anymore and threw all my things away :(

Now I've just enrolled to do a l&p conversion course and need to take tools with me but I have nothing!

What do you all recommend I buy?

I'm looking to be offering manicures, l&p and shellac (have a course booked for that too)

I need to order it this weekend cos my course starts on 11th June and I can't wait!

Thanks all

Normal tools of the trade would be your cuticle pushie and cuticle nippers. I assume you'll get products in your kit for the course. If you don't have a note regarding your kit, you could phone and double check with Sweet Squared, who I assume you're training with.

Thanks for the reply, I've had a letter from sweet squared detailing what I need but I'm wondering now what do I need to restart everything again.

Is there anything you find invaluable?

Think about your desk and how you would have it laid out.

Desk lamp
Towels
Menda Pumps for your Scrubfresh, Dsperse, Nourishing Remover, Nail Polish Remover, Soapy Water
Couch roll
Glass for your Barbacide
Lint Free Wipes
L&P Brush & Nail Art Brushes

Etc, etc. I hope this helps but maybe just pick up most of this from Sweet Squared after your course. If you are not in the shop, ordering online is very easy and they deliver next day.

I hope you have a great course!

Thanks, I'll have to order online as I'm doing the training in bridged. I'll look forward to a day of nail shopping tomorrow!

I'd suggest a couple of l+p brushes as especially when you start it's easy to ruin them! Make sure any products such as polymer and monomer and shellac are ordered from either Ellisons or S2.. I'd been told I could slowly build up a kit to do the shellac conversion and bought kit from the Cnd trained tech who got me training with Cnd and was stopping offering shellac but refused from the course because I can't prove the kit is authorised :/ x

I've been thinking about getting some extra brushes, I may order a 6, 8 and 10 to see which I like working with the best. I've priced a shellac bundle with s2 and its £299 for everything which seems reasonable

Latest posts

Back