CND UV lamp buzzing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Case

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Last night I was applying Shellac to a client and we both noticed a buzzing noise... We worked out that it was my lamp!

It doesn't buzz when the bulbs are lit up, and it doesn't buzz when the red lights are on - only when it's switched off and the 3 white lights are showing. It's very odd. I haven't noticed it before, so I was thinking something's not right - unless anyone else can tell me it's been like that all along?

Xxx

Mine buzzes too.

unplug it when not in use...how long is left on your bulbs?

unplug it when not in use...how long is left on your bulbs?

It's always switched off at the plug when I'm not using it Hun, we noticed when I was applying the base coat. I've been shellacking since March 2012 and never noticed a buzzing before...

I'll check the bulbs and let you know, although they haven't been in for very long :)

Xxx

Mine is a few years old, I think it was April 2010 I got mine when Shellac came out. It's still got plenty of bulb life in it and it occasionally buzzes. Just annoying and unprofessional really.

Mine makes the buzzing noise when its cold. If I leave it in the car overnight in the winter??! Very strange, so I now alway bring it into the house overnight and it hasnt happend for ages. Maybe try that?
Bought my lamp Jan 2012.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's always switched off at the plug when I'm not using it Hun, we noticed when I was applying the base coat. I've been shellacking since March 2012 and never noticed a buzzing before...

I'll check the bulbs and let you know, although they haven't been in for very long :)

Xxx

Hiya I meant pull the lead out the back of the lamp when not in use. Electricity can store in equipment that is still plugged in even if not turned on. Once I am finished using lamp for the day I pull the lead out the back..hth xx

Latest posts

Back