CND UV lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my Cnd lamps began making a horrendous noise (like it was gonna blow) but it too was intermittent, I ended up having to film it on my iphone, take the lamp back (3rd time lucky), show them the film, and they then replaced it no problems.

This whole lamp thing is starting to annoy me now. Practically daily someone posts on an academies face book page a problem with the light. Today one even complained of the lead going on fire and nearly burning client!! It's not good enough really. A fault like that should surely warrant a product recall. I have two lamps just outside warranty wouldn't you know and one of them has just started intermittently going on and off. The suggestion even of just buying new bulbs annoying as these don't come cheap. Better still you give them free bulbs and see how they get on.!!!

I have to agree, when she said about the bulb thing I did too think- why not send me some out then free!

I understand though their are many chancers out there who would and do take advantage and lie about things. It's just gutting for us genuine people who don't get trusted anymore!

I'm still in the same boat, not sure what to do- whether to go back through and read my warranty paperwork and then contact them and say I want a replacement right now! Lol. No... Seriously I want a resolution though 😔

I called, I was told I would have to return my lamp but if it didn't act up I front of them it wouldn't be replaced! I don't get that logic- nor do I get how they even test them! I have a feeling they just plug it in at the wall!! I was told I wouldn't be sent the testing report!!

I even had a dream I converted to gelish last night...I think it's a sign!

I called, I was told I would have to return my lamp but if it didn't act up I front of them it wouldn't be replaced! I don't get that logic- nor do I get how they even test them! I have a feeling they just plug it in at the wall!! I was told I wouldn't be sent the testing report!!

I even had a dream I converted to gelish last night...I think it's a sign!

I was asked for code under the plate that comes out as soon as I said they said send back, I remember the date as my birthday it's 18 11 13
Maybe this can help mind my new one has this code to 😱xx

I'm going to check mine now!

Mine doesn't have a code!!!

Mine doesn't have a code!!!

Hmm not sure then, I need to contact them as mine was bought last oct been changed three times but had last one a month or two but only use once or twice a month so won't no if faulty till past guarantee xx

I bought 2 lamps in December...both have done the 2 bulb out burning smell...s2 replaced happily once sent it back...I think these things should have a 2yr+ warranty...1yr really isn't enough when they are used on a daily basis...my tv came with a longer warranty x

I need to check under mine now!

How I wish I hadn't read this last week ... Sure it's jinxed me ...
Got to clients yesterday and noticed that something was wrong with the shellac id just done - looked at lamp - 2 lights not workin (one side) moved lights around and still just one side working ... Pants .... Arrrgghh ... Hoping that it's still under warrantee (brought it in Jan) ... X
Glad I still got my other lamp to carry on with ... Xxxx

How I wish I hadn't read this last week ... Sure it's jinxed me ...
Got to clients yesterday and noticed that something was wrong with the shellac id just done - looked at lamp - 2 lights not workin (one side) moved lights around and still just one side working ... Pants .... Arrrgghh ... Hoping that it's still under warrantee (brought it in Jan) ... X
Glad I still got my other lamp to carry on with ... Xxxx

Was it the right side lamps? I will defiantly call next week as maybe they will be willing to extend the warranty as there is a fault xx

I cannot for the life of me understand why they are still selling these lamps knowing about all the faults. What is it going to take to get this sorted, someone's salon being set on fire, a client seriously injured? Where does everyone stand with their insurance knowing that their lamp 'may' be faulty but having to continue using it. I can tell you now if a claim arises with an insurance company and they have so much as an inkling that it may have been caused by a faulty lamp that you knew about you won't have a leg to stand on. xxx

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have the exact same problem I panicked like mad the first time it happened. I just hold the button down for a few seconds extra and it usually sorts it out, however I am concerned that one day this won't work. The lamp I have was a replacement from another one that blew, I've had it around 6 weeks... Does this tie in with the time you got yours? I wonder if it's a faulty batch. Ellisons sent my replacement out about 6 weeks ago and were really good about it so I plan to call them on Monday

Was it the right side lamps? I will defiantly call next week as maybe they will be willing to extend the warranty as there is a fault xx

Yes right side ...
Why am I presuming that thats usual ... Lol ...
Just dug my receipt out ... Brought mine in oct last yr ... Xxx

Last edited:
Is there seriously no way to get an admin/mod to get the attention of who needs to see this? X

They will have seen it and chosen not to respond! I'm honestly thinking of quitting it all, selling off my stock and buying in gelish! I can't understand customer service this poor. Never seen anything like it! I've had enough! I came in here and was brainwashed... I jumped on the s2 and CND wave and threw myself in to buying and using it. A year later and I'm doubting my decision. I thought they won the customer services award? Why are we being fobbed off?!

I'm afraid my lamp will die at any given moment. And it will almost certainly be mid customer. I can't work like this!

Then there's the bulb hours issue- i worry they will need changing suddenly tbh I really just want LED cureable product so I feel more secure! And a company which will exchange things when there are issues. CND and s2 have a lot to answer for!

Yes right side ...
Why am I presuming that thats usual ... Lol ...
Just dug my receipt out ... Brought mine in oct last yr ... Xxx

Same as mine, seems to be that certain side, they took it straight back and sent me new one out straight away so call them Monday, maybe mention about the fact there are a few of us worried about our replacements xx

They will have seen it and chosen not to respond! I'm honestly thinking of quitting it all, selling off my stock and buying in gelish! I can't understand customer service this poor. Never seen anything like it! I've had enough! I came in here and was brainwashed... I jumped on the s2 and CND wave and threw myself in to buying and using it. A year later and I'm doubting my decision. I thought they won the customer services award? Why are we being fobbed off?!

I'm afraid my lamp will die at any given moment. And it will almost certainly be mid customer. I can't work like this!

Then there's the bulb hours issue- i worry they will need changing suddenly tbh I really just want LED cureable product so I feel more secure! And a company which will exchange things when there are issues. CND and s2 have a lot to answer for!

You know what I could do.... Email this thread to customer services?! I have a Contact email for the lady who I spoke to about my lamp?

I think you should! I might put a complaint in writing to be honest as well.

I love CND products and tbh i have built a very successful business because of this. The service by sweet squared is great. But this lamp problem is getting out of hand. There is clearly a fault, It is an electrical appliance, so realistically it could cause an injury. We know there are a few well known insurance companies on this site, so they are fully aware of the fault. Insurance companies will use every way possible not to pay out for claims. So i would suggest you @mail your insurance and ask for clarification that you would be covered IF something goes wrong. I have a feeling we may be on our own if something does. I am a firm believer in using the correct lamp for each product,but with these faults we do not know if the product is even curing properly. I for one feel very let down by cnd.

Latest posts

Back