CND UV lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right I've sent her an email and linked her in this forum post so she can read everyone's comments. Her name is Hannah Keech (s2 advisor) I've asked her to address this to who can possibly assist us further! Fingers crossed.

Right I've sent her an email and linked her in this forum post so she can read everyone's comments. Her name is Hannah Keech (s2 advisor) I've asked her to address this to who can possibly assist us further! Fingers crossed.

Thank you that's a great idea. Xx

I know this may sound strange, but i do not believe the fault should lie solely with sweetsquared, i believe their hands are tied. I am annoyed with cnd for not addressing this problem,we can not be the only country experiencing problems. Please lets keep this professional and not draw sweetsquared into some kind of argument on a public forum. I am sure sweet squared are as frustrated as us.

How I wish I hadn't read this last week ... Sure it's jinxed me ...
Got to clients yesterday and noticed that something was wrong with the shellac id just done - looked at lamp - 2 lights not workin (one side) moved lights around and still just one side working ... Pants .... Arrrgghh ... Hoping that it's still under warrantee (brought it in Jan) ... X
Glad I still got my other lamp to carry on with ... Xxxx

I've had this happen to me 3 times now with lamps which just a few months old - they have all been replaced -after they have tested them

Must be a common fault x

Must be a manufacturing fault? It can't have been ironed out after the first troublesome batch earlier in the year? Very frustrating and disappointing for all concerned. I have the old style of lamp which I just use for top coats and it reliably chugs along regardless!

Last edited:
I'm not sure there'll be any resolution to this.

As some have already experienced with regards to lamp, and after seeing a very unprofessional pm from the MD, I doubt this'll be handled at all!

Getting increasingly frustrated with the hold S2 have over everyone who uses CND. Their spiel is all about the pro yet I'm struggling to find them practising the professionalism they constantly preach!

S2 should be getting the brunt of this, of course they should!
The same as if you popped to Argos and bought a faulty microwave, you wouldn't go to the manufacturer, Argos would be expected to sort it.

I know I was seemingly 'pro S2' at the beginning of this thread but their actions over the last few days have lead me to believe they're only interested in lining their pockets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not sure there'll be any resolution to this.

As some have already experienced with regards to lamp, and after seeing a very unprofessional pm from the MD, I doubt this'll be handled at all!

Getting increasingly frustrated with the hold S2 have over everyone who uses CND. Their spiel is all about the pro yet I'm struggling to find them practising the professionalism they constantly preach!

S2 should be getting the brunt of this, of course they should!
The same as if you popped to Argos and bought a faulty microwave, you wouldn't go to the manufacturer, Argos would be expected to sort it.

I know I was seemingly 'pro S2' at the beginning of this thread but their actions over the last few days have lead me to believe they're only interested in lining their pockets.

Actions taken here on this site, have got absolutely nothing to do with S2 or how they handle their business.
I feel you are being manipulated here, by something taken out of context which was in defence of this site and the Mod team.
If you wish to discuss this off topic matter then please start a thread in My Forum to discuss with the Moderation Team.

Actions taken here on this site, have got absolutely nothing to do with S2 or how they handle their business.
I feel you are being manipulated here, by something taken out of context which was in defence of this site and the Mod team.
If you wish to discuss this off topic matter then please start a thread in My Forum to discuss with the Moderation Team.

Kind of does have to do with s2 when it was Samuel Sweet who sent the message.

I converted to gelish. Not had any problems :)

Sent from the catphone

I'm not being manipulated by anybody, I draw my own conclusions.

With no disrespect to you, I'd prefer to see The Geek comment on what has been said.

The subject matter may be off topic but the service and lack of respect for fellow pros from S2 is relevant.

I shall leave you to it then, I was privy to the whole thread (it wasn't a PM) and am glad the site creator posted to defend me, even if people are now taking it out of context.

I shall leave you to it then, I was privy to the whole thread (it wasn't a PM) and am glad the site creator posted to defend me, even if people are now taking it out of context.

Maybe if the thread in question wasn't deleted and people could see the lead up, it wouldn't be?

Saying something, then trying to hide it makes it more suspicious.

Maybe if the thread in question wasn't deleted and people could see the lead up, it wouldn't be?

Saying something, then trying to hide it makes it more suspicious.

It was on a geeks "my forum"

Sent from the catphone

It was on a geeks "my forum"

Sent from the catphone

Ahhh I understand. So pretty much a pm then?

I feel like I've missed something on my own post! What message was sent and to whom from 'the geek' ? Anyone have a link of the relevant things so I can see too.

I feel like I've missed something on my own post! What message was sent and to whom from 'the geek' ? Anyone have a link of the relevant things so I can see too.
I apologise, my comment to get your thread back on topic seemed to take it further off topic.

Lets get back on course now...and any further conversations can be done via PM as per site rules.

Thou shalt Private Message if thy post is for one person

Posts like 'You go girlfriend' is like texting 10,000 people in hopes that one of them will be the person you are trying to talk to. If your message is for 1 person, PM it. If its for more, post it!

Kind of does have to do with s2 when it was Samuel Sweet who sent the message.

I converted to gelish. Not had any problems :)

Sent from the catphone

I think I will do the same... I'm tired of it all. The lampgate fiasco , the salon geek gate, questionable educators, the cover up and deleting!

Yes Samuel and Samantha sweet are both on here hopefully the will see this thread soon!!!!

They're all on their Jolly's according to Twitter!

Oh I get it now!!!! I went into a salon last week to get my nails Shellaced as I want to try before I buy. This is a highly reputable salon by the way, not a discount one. I saw their lamps on their desks and asked why they weren't using the CND lamp (as I know you need to use the whole system as it won't cure under any other lamp) but the nail tech said they won't use them anymore as they're dangerous?!

I walked out without making the appointment as I want it done properly. I'm still struggling to find a salon with a CND lamp!

Well on a positive - I spoke to a lovely lady who said to post it back with the ref given to me and they will test it and send me a replacement if needed and a refund for postage too ... Have to say S2 are always helpful & friendly ... Love & Respect and all that ... Lol ..,
In the meantime I'm back with my old no named cheap lamp ... Well a lamp is a lamp I suppose ... <3

Latest posts

Back