CND UV lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SapphireBeaux

Reaction score
Any advice here.... I have a CND uv lamp (quite possibly the third I've had to buy) and this time the problem is intermittently not turning on, even when it shows it has power. So all is plugged in and blue/white lights show up, but I cannot get any times to show up in red or start. It does this for a fair few minutes and I try re plugging etc. Then it will work.

So the issue is, I'm worried one of these times it's not going to work after doing this. And worst still I'm with a client or about to start work. Sweet squared couldn't really help me, as they said if it's intermittent and they receive the lamp and all works fine for them they will just return it. She suggested resetting my lamp with new bulbs, but I don't want to lose the remainder of lamp life I currently have. or ok after I reset it still use them but then have them cut out on me mid appointment as I can't keep track of how long they have left, I just feel like it's unprofessional. And that still doesn't guarantee it won't happen again anyway. I believe I'm still in warranty on this one. I feel like I should he able to get a new one? But I appreciate they need to see it's at fault. I suggested I video the problem next time it happens and then I can email them. But still I'm in the same situation as to when this may happen or when, and if it dies completely!

I'm not in a position to buy a second lamp as back up as many people do so that isn't an option. I'm feeling slightly irritated over another CND lamp issue!!

Your best course of action is to ring trading standards, they will advise you for free.

I've had this exact same issue - happened a few times when I'd only had it a few weeks and since then (touch wood) it's not happened again.

I too allied S2 and they advised exactly the same - I was offered a new lead though, I knew it wasn't the power source though and I could see (from the blue lights) that power was getting to it.

Anyway, unfortunately I'm unable to offer you advice. I would be interested to know how you get on though... Like I say, mine seems to have sorted itself out now and I've not had any issues with clients, so fingers crossed yours does too.

Interesting.,. Mine just started doing this!!!
Annoying to know s2 won't deal with it.,. I'm rapidly going off CND more and more!

I wasn't offered a new lead 😢 I feel a bit let down that I just have to wait until it breaks on me completely!

I wasn't offered a new lead 😢 I feel a bit let down that I just have to wait until it breaks on me completely!

I think I was only offered a new lead because maybe they mis understood what the issue was. Although, I did mention I knew there was power going to it.

Mine was bought in February, when the new batch was in.

I think, as long as you report the issue within the warranty period, if it fails outside of it, you're still covered (so long as it's the original issue reported).
They may be a consumer thing though and not a business to business thing, so you'd need to check that one out in more depth and maybe clarify with S2 or trading standards.

I don't get it, we must wait till our lamps blow totally before being provided with an alternative? Where else is this acceptable? What other company would do this to their customers? It's unheard of!!! my iPhone had an Intermittent fault it was changed immediately, my iPhone CHARGER had an intermittent fault, it was changed immediately. Same with any other electrical or household item I have ever possessed so why are S2 any different from other retailers? This is not treating people with love or respect. Very poor example of customer services.

I don't get it, we must wait till our lamps blow totally before being provided with an alternative? Where else is this acceptable? What other company would do this to their customers? It's unheard of!!! my iPhone had an Intermittent fault it was changed immediately, my iPhone CHARGER had an intermittent fault, it was changed immediately. Same with any other electrical or household item I have ever possessed so why are S2 any different from other retailers? This is not treating people with love or respect. Very poor example of customer services.

I agree, to an extent.

I'm not entirely clued up on the whole consumer rights issue when it comes to business transactions, maybe there's the difference?

I think the problem is, S2 will need to see it with the fault before they replace it. Or, they could potentially just be giving away lamps willy nilly.
Saying that, I don't know how the lamps are tested for faults. Whether they're just switched on and a few buttons pressed, or if they're taken apart and connections tested.

I agree it could be dealt with a bit better in that we shouldn't have to wait for a total failure (likely to be in front of a client) before something is done about it.

Like I say, mines been fine since the initial issues but it still has me panicking every time I use it, which is never good!

I think I was only offered a new lead because maybe they mis understood what the issue was. Although, I did mention I knew there was power going to it.

Mine was bought in February, when the new batch was in.

I think, as long as you report the issue within the warranty period, if it fails outside of it, you're still covered (so long as it's the original issue reported).
They may be a consumer thing though and not a business to business thing, so you'd need to check that one out in more depth and maybe clarify with S2 or trading standards.

I would have thought there'd still have to be some regulatory body/legislation or similar for business to business transactions, otherwise Business A could sell Business B any old tat and get away with it? Goods still have to be of merchantable/fit for purpose quality, surely? Worth looking into from that angle, I'd have thought?

I would have thought there'd still have to be some regulatory body/legislation or similar for business to business transactions, otherwise Business A could sell Business B any old tat and get away with it? Goods still have to be of merchantable/fit for purpose quality, surely? Worth looking into from that angle, I'd have thought?

Oh definitely worth looking into!
I'm not too savvy with B2B transactions and what rights you have, I just know they're different.

Certainly something to research!

I would have thought whether your selling to a business or retail customer its irrelevant, the product still must be fit for purpose... if it breaks intermittently then it isnt. I would do as above and call trading standards.. This makes me glad I didnt end up doing the CND course.

I would have thought whether your selling to a business or retail customer its irrelevant, the product still must be fit for purpose... if it breaks intermittently then it isnt. I would do as above and call trading standards.. This makes me glad I didnt end up doing the CND course.

It makes me cross as it's really reinforced by everyone u speak to if you perform shellac you MUST use their lamp (which isn't cheap when your starting out). It's not acceptable. End of

I must just point out that I'm not rooting for S2 in any way.

I was just trying to help with theories as to why we may or may not be offered a refund or replacement.

I'm just as worried as everyone else that my lamp can go at any minute and would much prefer a replacement, whether S2 see a fault with their testing, or not.

I agree that whether a business purchase or standard consumer purchase, goods should be for for purpose.

perhaps someone from s2 could come on and offer us some guidance on this?????

Are S2 on here personally then? Shame they can't be tagged in!

I just want to know my best options as leaving it to chance and break isn't good and nor are the suggestions that I was given in my best interests as a s2 customer :-( sigh!!

Bless you Sapphire, I've recently got my Shellac starter kit & I'm wary of anything going wrong with my lamp. S2 own this forum so hopefully they'll give you an answer soon

Yes Samuel and Samantha sweet are both on here hopefully the will see this thread soon!!!!

Maybe not! 😜

This whole lamp thing is starting to annoy me now. Practically daily someone posts on an academies face book page a problem with the light. Today one even complained of the lead going on fire and nearly burning client!! It's not good enough really. A fault like that should surely warrant a product recall. I have two lamps just outside warranty wouldn't you know and one of them has just started intermittently going on and off. The suggestion even of just buying new bulbs annoying as these don't come cheap. Better still you give them free bulbs and see how they get on.!!!

Latest posts

Back