CND UV lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joelle

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday my CND UV lamp made a strange noise, i thought my bulbs must have given in, they had a few hours left on them but i changed the bulbs anyway and all seemed to be ok, until this evening when i was doing a Shellac, the thumb on one hand didn't seem to be cured, i looked inside my lamp and 2 of the bulbs weren't working.

I plugged the new bulbs into an old CND lamp that i had and the bulbs worked (the lamp stops and beeps after a few seconds, don't know why i kept it!)

Has this happened to anyone? is there something simple i can do to fix it?

I went to order a new one as i need it for saturday but had to order the LED lamp, i'll keep the new one but would be handy to have a spare if it can be fixed, also i have new bulbs that would be wasted!

Thanks in advance,

Jo x

You need to reset the 100 hour timer when you change the bulbs. I think you just hold the reset button down until it beeps and the timer goes back to 100

You need to reset the 100 hour timer when you change the bulbs. I think you just hold the reset button down until it beeps and the timer goes back to 100

Hi Trinity, thanks for your reply, I did do that when i put the new bulbs in.

I'm confused..... have you got two lamps neither of which work properly?

In Lamp A - two bulbs don't work, and has been reset
In Lamp B - above bulbs work but lamp won't stay on?

Has Lamp B been reset too?

I'm confused..... have you got two lamps neither of which work properly?

In Lamp A - two bulbs don't work, and has been reset
In Lamp B - above bulbs work but lamp won't stay on?

Has Lamp B been reset too?

Hi, Yes thats correct!

I'll try resetting lamp B tomorrow but i think i will have tried this when it broke.

Any ideas why the 2 bulbs in lamp A don't work? its only a few years old and i don't do a huge amount of nails really.

i'm nervous about using the LED lamp as a few of my nail tech clients have said they prefer the UV lamp.

Hi, Yes thats correct!

I'll try resetting lamp B tomorrow but i think i will have tried this when it broke.

Any ideas why the 2 bulbs in lamp A don't work? its only a few years old and i don't do a huge amount of nails really.

i'm nervous about using the LED lamp as a few of my nail tech clients have said they prefer the UV lamp.

Hi, sorry I went to bed and didn't see your reply. With regard to Lamp A, there was a fault a few years back when half the lamp stopped working. It was never resolved by CND and lots of techs had to buy new lamps, so potentially that could be the issue.

Lamp B - I still think it's the reset somehow, if the bulbs work for a short period then the bulbs are fine, and them going off after a few seconds is classic reset behavour. Other than that I'm sorry I can't help :(

I've swapped to the LED and I have no problems, I don't do toes which I believe can be an issue, but once I got my/clients positioning correctly we had no problems at all.

Hi, sorry I went to bed and didn't see your reply. With regard to Lamp A, there was a fault a few years back when half the lamp stopped working. It was never resolved by CND and lots of techs had to buy new lamps, so potentially that could be the issue.

Lamp B - I still think it's the reset somehow, if the bulbs work for a short period then the bulbs are fine, and them going off after a few seconds is classic reset behavour. Other than that I'm sorry I can't help :(

I've swapped to the LED and I have no problems, I don't do toes which I believe can be an issue, but once I got my/clients positioning correctly we had no problems at all.

Hi! thank you again for your reply!

I tried the reset thing with Lamp B and it worked! i mustn't have done it properly last time and just ordered a new lamp instead :confused:

i have the new LED lamp now which I've tested out today on some Brisa enhancements for my daughter, and Shellac on my hands and feet. i like it, although i felt a bit nervous about my toes and whether they were in the right place, but they seem absolutely fine.

Thanks again for your help, i really appreciate it, thanks to you i now have a spare lamp in case anything goes wrong with my LED one :D

xx

Hi! thank you again for your reply!

I tried the reset thing with Lamp B and it worked! i mustn't have done it properly last time and just ordered a new lamp instead :confused:

i have the new LED lamp now which I've tested out today on some Brisa enhancements for my daughter, and Shellac on my hands and feet. i like it, although i felt a bit nervous about my toes and whether they were in the right place, but they seem absolutely fine.

Thanks again for your help, i really appreciate it, thanks to you i now have a spare lamp in case anything goes wrong with my LED one :D

xx

I'm glad you got it sorted, always handy to have a spare lamp :confused:

You might find its better to use the LED for nails and UV for toes if you have any issues

Hi, Yes thats correct!

The one thats on for a few secs and then beeping is to tell you needs resetting after bulb change and usually sorts it out xx i was same thought it was broken but when rang found that out

I'm glad you got it sorted, always handy to have a spare lamp :confused:

You might find its better to use the LED for nails and UV for toes if you have any issues

Good idea [emoji106] thanks so much!

The one thats on for a few secs and then beeping is to tell you needs resetting after bulb change and usually sorts it out xx i was same thought it was broken but when rang found that out

I know, I remember the stress I had when that lamp 'broke'. I thought I'd tried everything to get it working....just not the one thing that I should have! We live and learn.

Latest posts

Back