CND UV lamps - solution may not agree with everyone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panoramic

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

So I hear that you are having problems with your CND Lamps and Sweet Squared have been out of stock for weeks. CND can't seem to give an answer which I feel is suspicious. So, here is the solution - I have my tin hat on as I don't think many of you will like it.

Firstly, if you have another lamp - use it. Due to four of my CND lamps failing I now swear by my NSI one. Never had a problem. Before you all jump I have seen a few of your set ups on another post with your CND stuff and a non CND lamp on your desks!

Why cancel clients ? Use a different lamp and explain why. It is shocking how CND can't answer a straight forward question. It is very suspicious.

Surrey Girl through and through x

Wash your mouth out haha! I suggested a geek try this a few days ago and was branded 'malicious'...so you know, good thinking with the tin hat!

Wash your mouth out haha! I suggested a geek try this a few days ago and was branded 'malicious'...so you know, good thinking with the tin hat!

Bring it on lol

why would you buy any uv lamp if led is on the way .........?xx

Can I ask if your current uv lamp is working? This post is about the lack of cnd uv lamps not new led ones.

:)

I think if this whole lot of shenanigans is about pushing geeks into buying into led, because they have no other (or no other reliable) option, it would be pretty f'd up. IMO xx

sorry to extend
i feel for the girls that are going with out lamps and that are out of the warranty and or "have gone through 4 lamps" they are all going to be buying only to buy again when cnd have led it seems a double pay out
Right...?

Clearly you are too absorbed by cnd. They have screwed up this time. I mean how long do you have the wait for the led ones? It's pointless

Argh. Every system I invest my money in turn led a matter of months later! Why? What's wrong with uv? Pee'd off lol x

Argh. Every system I invest my money in turn led a matter of months later! Why? What's wrong with uv? Pee'd off lol x

I know! It's ridiculous.

Katie d. No one had any choice previously but to buy the uv lamp if we wanted to use shellac. I don't understand your post...

But no IS buying cnd uv lamps. No one CAN buy them?

I'm confused.

I'm confused.

I think K means that cnd are currently not offering UV lamps, perhaps this could be a plot to make everyone buy their new LED lamp. However currently CND shellac won't cure under LED so then we will all need to purchase a new LED lamp AND perhaps new formula of shellac that IS LED curable? I think that's what she means? Please correct me if I am wrong and also just to note that I don't necessarily agree that it IS what CND are actually planning.

I think K means that cnd are currently not offering UV lamps, perhaps this could be a plot to make everyone buy their new LED lamp. However currently CND shellac won't cure under LED so then we will all need to purchase a new LED lamp AND perhaps new formula of shellac that IS LED curable? I think that's what she means? Please correct me if I am wrong and also just to note that I don't necessarily agree that it IS what CND are actually planning.

Bet ya any money you won't have to rebuy all your stock for the Led light. "Joins the tin hat club" old Charlie (my led lamp) has a sweet spot for CND

Bet ya any money you won't have to rebuy all your stock for the Led light. "Joins the tin hat club" old Charlie (my led lamp) has a sweet spot for CND

If you don't mind me asking what make is old Charlie?

Well... One day my cnd lamp kicked the bucket, I was naive and thought that since I had this power house, high quality lamp it would last. Wrong! Since this was early morning when it died and I had 3 more appointments that afternoon I panicked. I am a 5 hour round trip drive to the nearest supply store and couldn't cancel and wait days for a new one to come in the mail. *I had grad nails to do* so I did what any desperate woman would do. I went down to shoppers and bought a cheap led light, Sally Hanson to be exact. Figured what the heck, as long as they last to survive grad I will deal with the aftermath later. Explained the situation to everyone, they shrugged it off and didn't care. It cured the cnd like crazy! I have a different led light as well that I use for Gelish etc but turn to old Charlie every time for cnd and he has never let me down. I beat the crap out of that lamp and it keeps ticking, when I knock him off the table because he's so little one of my clients always says "Go home Charlie, your drunk." once all my cnd product is used up poor Charlie will be retired. He's almost a year old. I returned my cnd lamp and got a refund and never bought another one.

Thanks for sharing! Old Charlie sounds like a right trooper ha ha. The reason I asked is I currently have a Gelish lamp and a 'standard' 36watt UV never thought to try using it to cure the shellac as for some reason was convinced it'd just be a waste of product and the shellac wouldn't last. Think I'll give it a try after all!

It doesn't hurt, I have never tried my other led light with it. I think only because Charlie is comical haha I learned quick, fast and in a hurry that life is short, money doesn't grow on trees and it never hurts to try.

Well... One day my cnd lamp kicked the bucket, I was naive and thought that since I had this power house, high quality lamp it would last. Wrong! Since this was early morning when it died and I had 3 more appointments that afternoon I panicked. I am a 5 hour round trip drive to the nearest supply store and couldn't cancel and wait days for a new one to come in the mail. *I had grad nails to do* so I did what any desperate woman would do. I went down to shoppers and bought a cheap led light, Sally Hanson to be exact. Figured what the heck, as long as they last to survive grad I will deal with the aftermath later. Explained the situation to everyone, they shrugged it off and didn't care. It cured the cnd like crazy! I have a different led light as well that I use for Gelish etc but turn to old Charlie every time for cnd and he has never let me down. I beat the crap out of that lamp and it keeps ticking, when I knock him off the table because he's so little one of my clients always says "Go home Charlie, your drunk." once all my cnd product is used up poor Charlie will be retired. He's almost a year old. I returned my cnd lamp and got a refund and never bought another one.

I love your story :) Nice reading on early Sunday morning.

Buy Charlie a drink from me...top lamp haha!

Latest posts

Back