CND UV lamps - solution may not agree with everyone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's the lack of knowing exactly what's going on that is driving people crazy. It's no good saying "Samuel commented 6 pages back"!

I think cnd and S2 need to put a daily update of the situation on the home page of their websites (not just Facebook as not everyone uses that) to keep everyone clearly up to date on the situation. A daily report, perhaps saying whereabouts the lamps are now would, I feel, go a long way to reassure people. I also think those affected by this situation should be compensated in some way, perhaps with 20% off their next order. I think the lack of communication and empathy to those techs suffering the consequences of this situation is what is fuelling the fire.

Unfortunately lessons still aren't being learnt about the lack of communication. It seems to be a common theme in these situations with CND.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1391189997189.jpg
    1391189997189.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 265
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391190723.528961.jpg

This was on Samuels Facebook a few days ago.

View attachment 54316

This was on Samuels Facebook a few days ago.

Not everyone goes on Facebook though. Likewise there may be lots of techs affected who don't come on here either. The situation needs to be handled professionally now and updated clearly on the cnd and s2 homepage. Lack of communication is a big problem here which is what leads to people getting angry and exasperated.

What'a the worst that could happen? Take a look below, never mind a possible law suit.

The facts are that all UV cured product 'appear to the naked eye to be cured' even when they are only 50% cured.

When products continue to be only 50% cured then over exposure, and allergy caused by un-cured reactive product can happen. It looks like this below. ... This photo was posted today on another nail forum by someone using A knock off cheap copy of a non professional product that masquerades as a well known brand and is available easily to the public.. They were asking why???

This is allergy.

This is also what happens when you repeatedly use a product that is not fully cured, but you think it 'looks' OK. No one can SEE full cure with their eyes. Which is why CND insist on using the lamp that they KNOW cures their system, CND Shellac. That, my friends, is being responsible.

Why take the chance on using a lamp that you cannot tell cures whatever it is that you are using? Is it the money to buy the right lamp? If someone sues you for causing a condition like this photo shows it could cost allot more than just buying the right lamp.

Allergy does not happen overnight ... An allergic reaction is the result of repeatedly wearing product that is not fully cured. Come on ! Use your heads. It's not worth taking the risk.

Scaremongering

Surrey Girl through and through x

Well im affected & I didnt know this info!! You'd think S2 could either call or email all customers affected to give them updated information. I appreciate its hard for them but its just as hard for us CND techs who only use CND! Time to follow Samuel Sweet on FB to get my updates.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Scaremongering

I am wondering how much more you can possibly have to say on this subject?

You must really detest CND and S2 to keep on and on and on and on and on the way you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clear as crystal for all to see.

Clear as crystal for all to see.

And let's face it Geeg you know your onions , gantzeh macher as they say ! 😄

And let's face it Geeg you know your onions , gantzeh macher as they say ! 😄
Aye lass, you,re right; I do. Lol.

Scaremongering

Surrey Girl through and through x
I have to say which ever company you work for (nsi I guess by a different thread I saw you post in) would surely not be very happy with how unprofessional you have been in these past few threads!

My mum used to say... if you can't say anything nice then don't say it at all......

As it it our business, isn't it our responsibility to keep spares or order before we run out.
I do hair & nails.
I have 3 pairs of scissors, spare hair dryer spare clippers.
2x lamps (plus a spare in the cupboard) etc.

Shouldn't we be taking some responsability for not running out of things rather than blaming everyone else.

We moan when they don't release things quick enough (ie IBX) & then moan when they do but get overwhelming requests they can't keep up.

It is no different than new computer games iPads etc.

On the bright side, at least we don't have to go & que outside S2 & barge our way in like the sales!

As it it our business, isn't it our responsibility to keep spares or order before we run out.
I do hair & nails.
I have 3 pairs of scissors, spare hair dryer spare clippers.
2x lamps (plus a spare in the cupboard) etc.

Shouldn't we be taking some responsability for not running out of things rather than blaming everyone else.

We moan when they don't release things quick enough (ie IBX) & then moan when they do but get overwhelming requests they can't keep up.

It is no different than new computer games iPads etc.

On the bright side, at least we don't have to go & que outside S2 & barge our way in like the sales!

It is our responsibility yes I agree but where does it stop? I'm mobile but I don't have a spare car in the garage if something goes wrong, a spare kit case if one breaks etc.
I've had to switch brands as I can't afford to turn clients away anymore which is such a shame :(

It is our responsibility yes I agree but where does it stop? I'm mobile but I don't have a spare car in the garage if something goes wrong, a spare kit case if one breaks etc.
I've had to switch brands as I can't afford to turn clients away anymore which is such a shame :(

There is always a taxi or the client could come to you.:p

I'm sure if a client sees you have bent over backwards to try to accommodate them they would be understanding..at the end of the day someone's nails are not life & death.

Even at the crematorium you have to wait for a space.x

Few girls I know use a LED lamp with shellac. Done it before to my mother and her nails last 6 weeks!! But yet when I use my UV lamp on myself I get about a weeks wear.

Point of the matter Im making is anyway - youre right any lamp will probably work and I will never buy the new cnd one ( my UV is in perfect nick anyway ) and a CND embassador said dont even bother with the new one as it does the same thing just takes a shorter time.

You lot really need to get off your high horses.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions etc

Posting a photo like that scares people into believing that will happen when in reality the chance is 1 in 100000

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Exactly how many spare lights should people have? 3,4,5? Any sensible person would think 2, sadly sensible people on here have had working and spare break down.
Get a taxi? Must be a quiet working day if someone could afford that. Come to your house? With all the drama of using different lights invalidating insurance then make sure to tell home insurers you're using home as a business.

If you have a mortgage, shopping, bills to pay then it is vitally important if you are only a nail technician using only one company.

People aren't happy and some people love a moan and/or bitch, if CND are as big as everyone says then they'll be able to take it on the chin. I mentioned Ryanair earlier on, I rarely hear a good word about them but still they flourish. Why, because many many people must have good experience of them, same with CND/SQ2.

With every major problem, information is the key. Tell people what is happening, they'll still be annoyed but at least they can't complain about lack of communication and they'll remember they weren't kept in the dark. I don't have Facebook a/c and I know a few other beauty therapists and I'm the only one who uses Salon Geek so neither is much use to get info' out to the masses. A wee generic email every morning starting with a simple "So sorry there's still a delay" sent to all customers would go far in settling tempers.

You lot really need to get off your high horses.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions etc

Posting a photo like that scares people into believing that will happen when in reality the chance is 1 in 100000

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Of course people are entitled to opinions! But that particular point isn't about opinions. It's about medical conditions and scientific facts. These need to be substianted so I'm not sure where you get 1 in 100000? I think the incidence of allergies is much higher than that and as professionals we need to take as many steps as possible to understand how they can occur and minimise the risk.

Latest posts

Back