CND UV/LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenKnight

Reaction score
Hey :)
I’m booked onto the shellac beginners course in August and have ordered the kit with the UV lamp. However I am considering seeing if I can pay the extra and swapping for the LED lamp.
I was wondering what lamps other use for the CND shellac and thoughts and opinions on UV v LED?
Thankyou x

I’m amazed you can still buy UV only lamps, they take ages to cure anything compared to UV/LED. Without a doubt, go for the UV/LED option!

Sort of relative. It’s not like those that use traditional lamps book out more time for appointments. That’s because it doesn’t really take any longer during the process.

Saying that, led is longer term better value as it saves bulb replacement

Agree with The Geek, saving time is not the main issue - most NT could make much faster services with practice and less conversation :).

However, there are a couple of other points in addition to saving the cost of bulb replacement. The 9W bulbs contain Mercury that is not good for the environment. Also LED-UV lamps produce a more stable brightness over years, so the risk of under cure (assuming lamp and gels are matched) is much less than with 9W bulbs - which are difficult to know when to replace (9W bulbs start to lose brightness immediately and taper off over 4 to 6 months, depending on use. Cheap Chinese 9W bulbs taper off much faster and have much short life times).

Also, the faster the cure time the less chance there is of a clients hand or foot moving out of the cure zone while they’re busy concentrating on something else.

Just another point...

If you do nail art, a quick cure time is helpful when you are doing different colours/ layers/ effects.
No waiting to add the next effect.

I recently bought the led cnd lamp and to be honest I wish I had not bothered and bought another uv one. The fingers have to be places exactly in the lamp or they don't cure properly. It's smaller so client smudge their polish all over the bulbs and I spend half my life cleaning them. I don't think it is pretty looking either. The wire constantly comes out when you move it. The connection doesn't seem to sit in properly. The only plus side is that it is quiet oh and the bulbs don't die. I still prefer the uv though.

I recently bought the led cnd lamp and to be honest I wish I had not bothered and bought another uv one. The fingers have to be places exactly in the lamp or they don't cure properly. It's smaller so client smudge their polish all over the bulbs and I spend half my life cleaning them. I don't think it is pretty looking either. The wire constantly comes out when you move it. The connection doesn't seem to sit in properly. The only plus side is that it is quiet oh and the bulbs don't die. I still prefer the uv though.

Yes I agree it's too cramped inside, it's especially painful since I use forms 90% of the time...even cutting off excess from the form, literally everyone struggles to get their fingers in safely. I hold my breath each time. Makes me want to only use tips just for peace of mind, but I dont want to do that either...When I can afford to I will just switch to another brand, gels and all. Not overly impressed with CND. It's just fine, and some colours are gorgeous, but perhaps not what I want to use forever. I also find that the Brisa gel burns more than other builder gels, and no I am not applying to thick either. Everyone of my customers get it (I always use 1st button to flash even), and even I feel it. Even at infills it hurts me and others. Could it be the lamp at fault ?

Oh my yes i can imagine with forms it would be a nightmare. The burning is not something I experience but I don't often use Brisa i do more acrylic. Not sure on that one. might be worth ringing sweet squared for some advise x

Latest posts

Back