CND-we need a Shellac matte top coat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been playing as curious to see how a matte topcoat would look...

Matte effect nails created with a Matte Topcoat on Shellac Power Polish with Shellac Topcoat tips. L-R: Black Pool, Tinted Love, Rock Royalty, Wildfire, Blue Rapture and Dark Dahlia

See? Tell me they don't look fabulous...

1186184_307060946102480_1549919473_n.jpg

1238860_307060969435811_1954691139_n.jpg

Love them!! So want a Matte topcoat!! :) they look fab :D

They look fab!

Oh my Goodness, that has just rekindled my love for Rock Royalty. They look lovely.

These look fabulous. Surely if you have used the other branded top coat over Shellac top coat it will be harder to remove?

These look fabulous. Surely if you have used the other branded top coat over Shellac top coat it will be harder to remove?

i agree, but needs must. My clients are crying out for Matte nails. Breaking the seal prior to foil wrapping will remove....

Buffing the shine off to a satisfactory matte finish (i.e. no scratches) takes me way too long to achieve, especially if client has deep side-walls. I won't let a client leave the table until ALL the shine has been removed (curse of a perfectionist) and even then, they text me back after a few days to advise the nails are starting to go shiny... so all that work for nothing.

Using a matte topcoat means faster treatment time and a REDUCED price for my clients. My clients steer my business - without them Darling Digits just wouldn't be.... xxx

I am not questioning your reasoning. Buffing is far too time consuming and I personally never find that it is all perfect as it would be with a matte top coat. I was simply asking the question? The ease of Shellacs removal is one of its huge selling points, I was only wondering how much longer it would take with this on top.

I am not questioning your reasoning. Buffing is far too time consuming and I personally never find that it is all perfect as it would be with a matte top coat. I was simply asking the question? The ease of Shellacs removal is one of its huge selling points, I was only wondering how much longer it would take with this on top.

i didnt think u were questioning my reasoning hun.. :hug:

the only extra time should be the breaking of the seal.. i will let you know how it goes.

can i ask geeks to refrain from PMing me asking which matte topcoat i've used?

this thread isn't to promote a matte topcoat from a different system - i created this thread to emphasize the need for a Shellac Matte Topcoat, as there is a demand for it.

.....the fact that techs are PMing me asking the question proves that.

I've never been happy with the matte effect I've created by buffing, it takes way too long and I am conscious of over filing.

I too wondered about trying a different brand matt top coat but thought mixing systems was a no no.

Glad you've had good results Curvy girl, they looks so beautiful. :) Have you trialled their longevity yet?

X

I've never been happy with the matte effect I've created by buffing, it takes way too long and I am conscious of over filing.

I too wondered about trying a different brand matt top coat but thought mixing systems was a no no.

Glad you've had good results Curvy girl, they looks so beautiful. :) Have you trialled their longevity yet?

X

trialling now Treacle x
(wouldn't have to if we had a Shellac matte TC... darn it! lol x)

There would need to be a worldwide demand for a product like this and it would takes probably years of R&D to get it right. These things cannot be done over night or just because a few geeks want it lol

If you are serious AND you think CND Nail Professionals in all (over 60) countries CND supply to think there is a demand I suggest you contact CND via the CND Pro only section of cnd.com

They do listen. We asked for Ruby Ritz to come back and it is in November :D

Asking on here won't get it done lol

:Love:

CND have recently posted a video on their facebook page by an education ambassador of a matte nail art!!!

Unfortnately it is using the buffing method :suprised:

Fab ! Do you using the buffing method ?!

err no.. if you read this thread from the start you'll see why x

err no.. if you read this thread from the start you'll see why x
Derr ! Will come straight out and ask then, gelish over shellac I take it ?!

Derr ! Will come straight out and ask then, gelish over shellac I take it ?!

Is the Matte Gelish Top it Off on sale yet?

Latest posts

Back