CND-we need a Shellac matte top coat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy and quick enough to buff to matte finish for me x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1380835697303.jpg
    1380835697303.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,941
  • 1380835728709.jpg
    1380835728709.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 743
Perhaps vinylux will make a matte tc and that could be used. I know its not the same but would be better for those die hard shellac fans to stay within the cnd brand at least

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Easy and quick enough to buff to matte finish for me x

The only problem I have found with the buffing method is in less than a week the shine can come back, and clients of course want the effect to last the length of there manicure, have any of you geeks found this?

For a while now I have been using the OPI gelcolor matt top coat over shellac with good results.

The only problem I have found with the buffing method is in less than a week the shine can come back, and clients of course want the effect to last the length of there manicure, have any of you geeks found this?

For a while now I have been using the OPI gelcolor matt top coat over shellac with good results.

With doing designs on top of the opi gel colour matt top coat what are you using? Normal shellac top coat or something else? I've tried using regular opi matte top coat polish but haven't tried doing any designs as yet. I was just wondering what I might be able to use? Any ideas for long lasting service X

I have found the exact same thing happening. So I started using OPI matte top coat back in the spring. Work great for me too

With doing designs on top of the opi gel colour matt top coat what are you using? Normal shellac top coat or something else? I've tried using regular opi matte top coat polish but haven't tried doing any designs as yet. I was just wondering what I might be able to use? Any ideas for long lasting service X

I just use the Shellac top coat for the design on top of the matt. :)

Have any of you had any service breakdown by using OPI over the top of Shellac? I'm seriously considering getting a bottle of the Gelish one when it comes out and explaining to clients openly so that they can make an informed decision.

Of course I won't bother if you report any problems whilst doing this. I suppose it's difficult to narrow it down if it was due to using the matte top coat, unless you have used it on clients that have consistent longevity with their Shellac.

I'd be interested to know. :)

I'd guess that my clients strictly follow their aftercare as they all return for next appointment with matte nails still ;)

Shellac Rock Royalty (purple creme) with a matte TC and gloss TC french finish.

My fifth requested matte french this week...

579122_307909959348156_903585483_n.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380918461.978825.jpg
Do these look ok? It's my first attempt at a Matt French polish xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1380918713.034514.jpg this is how we do our matte. Mani q using buffing technique and luckily they've never come back shiny xx

Has anyone tried the Gelish matte top coat yet?

I've had 3 requests for these for appointments next week will need to get something from another brand :(

I've had 3 requests for these for appointments next week will need to get something from another brand :(

It's on sale now but as a duo matte/top it off, but it's discounted. x

Just seen this and I am DEVASTATED...

530527_576731709053728_1980071608_n.jpg

I regularly get asked for Matte Shellac manicures - but knowing that that Gelish Techs now have this in their armoury just makes me wanna cry :sad:

we were told no matte Shellac topcoat was due for release, surely if Gelish can formulate a matte, CND can too?

The matte top coat from Nsi Polish Pro works perfectly fine! I know to use the CND Shellac as a whole system but it is compatible with the NSI Polish pro because they are both hybrids! With the Shellac top and base, a polish pro colour does not last as long but I have had no issues yet with the matte top coat from Polish Pro overtop of my Shellac colours. I wish CND will come out with one!

Ive just bought the new OPI gelcolour Matte topcoat. Cant wait to recieve it :)

Perfectly Pampered Hands

The matte top coat from Nsi Polish Pro works perfectly fine! I know to use the CND Shellac as a whole system but it is compatible with the NSI Polish pro because they are both hybrids! With the Shellac top and base, a polish pro colour does not last as long but I have had no issues yet with the matte top coat from Polish Pro overtop of my Shellac colours. I wish CND will come out with one!

Nsi pro is NOT a hybrid polish! Shellac is the only one of its kind. Nsi pro polish is a gel just like the others.

Any soak off topcoat will work with shellac it's just not recommended by them (obviously :p)

Nsi pro is NOT a hybrid polish! Shellac is the only one of its kind. Nsi pro polish is a gel just like the others.

Any soak off topcoat will work with shellac it's just not recommended by them (obviously :p)

I believe NSI Polish Pro was a hybrid polish but was reformulated when it became LED curable.

OPI GelColor has a nice matte topcoat.

If you use Shellac as a system and then use another brand's topcoat over the Shellac topcoat then you aren't compromising the Shellac in any way. I wouldn't recommend using it straight over the colour coat though, personally.

Xxx

Latest posts

Back