CND won't honour their warranty with the UV lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectly polished

Reaction score
I purchased a cnd uv lamp in january 2015.a month ago I sold it via a professional facebook page to another professional.I sent it via royal mail.she came back yo me last week saying its making an awful noise and doesnt work cnd said they wont honour the warranty as the sold it to me and its not been in my hands so therefore the other person could have done anyrhing rwith it.what should I do

I'm not sure that there is anything you can do. A warranty normally extends to the original purchaser of an item, not to a third party to whom you may sell it on.

The fan on my UV lamp is also making a racket.. It's usually for the first minute or so and then it will work fine.. Then it will do it again after been left again the next day or so.. Really need to get on to s2 before the warranty runs out been doing it for a couple months now.. Just contact them again and make and don't let on that its been sold and that its you that still has the lamp

I purchased a cnd uv lamp in january 2015.a month ago I sold it via a professional facebook page to another professional.I sent it via royal mail.she came back yo me last week saying its making an awful noise and doesnt work cnd said they wont honour the warranty as the sold it to me and its not been in my hands so therefore the other person could have done anyrhing rwith it.what should I do
was it working when she received it? if she's been using it for a few weeks and its only now not working,maybe it is something the new owner has done? This isnt something that could be foreseen if she received it in good working order x

The warranty on products is for the item not who the owner is. My husbands work had an issue similar to this and they got a replacement of the item in the end!

[QUOTI thought="jordanmichael.l, post: 2420018, member: 98063"]The fan on my UV lamp is also making a racket.. It's usually for the first minute or so and then it will work fine.. Then it will do it again after been left again the next day or so.. Really need to get on to s2 before the warranty runs out been doing it for a couple months now.. Just contact them again and make and don't let on that its been sold and that its you that still has the lamp[/QUOTE]
Hmmm i thought of that but they record their calls and theyve also made a note in my notes that its happened.the woman says she used iton two clients vbefore it started making the noise.she said she couldnt complete the second client.

The warranty on products is for the item not who the owner is. My husbands work had an issue similar to this and they got a replacement of the item in the end!
I know i said that to them but cnd werent having it.i gave the woman all the original documents.

Maybe speak to trading standards or go the citizens advice? I personally think their returns policy is pants! X

I was told that the warranty was only valid to the original owner when I bought mine as I already had one that someone gave me.

What would they say if you bought it back?

If you were within 6 months when you contacted them which it sounds as though you may just about be, it it actually up to the retailer in this case CND to prove the product was not faulty when it was sold so this wouldn't matter who the lamp had been in contact with or used by, that's the law, I can see CNDs point of view they don't know if this woman's a professional Etc and she could have broken it but the sales of goods act does not take this into account so therefore their views or opinions on this do not apply here. In short by law you are entitled to a refund or replacement, you need to write to them stating this, the facts and what you will do if they do not comply with the law. If you are out of the six month window it is upto you to prove the fault which could be tricky as CND could claim as the product was in this woman's hands she could have caused this fault. Is the woman you sold to registered to purchase from CND? If so they cannot say she potentially mistreated the lamp as they would happily sell her one anyway if that all makes sense.

Sale of Goods Act does not apply to business to business purchases, only private individuals.

If you were within 6 months when you contacted them which it sounds as though you may just about be, it it actually up to the retailer in this case CND to prove the product was not faulty when it was sold so this wouldn't matter who the lamp had been in contact with or used by, that's the law, I can see CNDs point of view they don't know if this woman's a professional Etc and she could have broken it but the sales of goods act does not take this into account so therefore their views or opinions on this do not apply here. In short by law you are entitled to a refund or replacement, you need to write to them stating this, the facts and what you will do if they do not comply with the law. If you are out of the six month window it is upto you to prove the fault which could be tricky as CND could claim as the product was in this woman's hands she could have caused this fault. Is the woman you sold to registered to purchase from CND? If so they cannot say she potentially mistreated the lamp as they would happily sell her one anyway if that all makes sense.

Sorry, but you're wrong on several counts.

Ok but I thought the warranty would still stand as it is the original purchaser whom is trying to claim on it and not the other lady, surely by the original purchaser trying to get CND to fix this problem, the original purchaser has taken ownership of the lamp again regardless of who's hands it's been in etc and regardless of what CNDs warranty terms say the sales of goods act protects her here? I think she's being very nice trying to sort it out I think I would probably tell her tough it's second hand ( maybe in nicer terms, lol) and wouldn't take any ownership back for the product

Sale of Goods Act does not apply to business to business purchases, only private individuals.
Ah ok I see on that case I think CND are being very mean to not honour this.

Latest posts

Back