Coffee pod machines are they any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting one of the coffee pod machines, I have looked into them and so far my fav is the Krups Dolce Gusto, followed by Tassimo. Do any of you Geeks have one? If so what do you think of it?

Thanks all xx

I have a Nespresso machine and I love it!!!

We bought the machine with an Aeroccino separately (for latte or cappuccino milk froth).

Hardly any cleaning with the machine. Works out about 23p per coffee. Can't reccommend it enough (I should sell them!) They do lots of funky things that come along with it. A number of different strengths of coffee. Seasonal ones too. It tastes great.

xx

I'd recommend the Flavia machine - great machine and a huge range of drinks to use, and its super easy as well!

Mat

I have the Tassimo coffee machine. It is OK as I like to have a fresher cup of coffee sometimes compaired to the ususal instant coffee. However, I think it does work out fairly expensive if you are using it numerous times everyday. My husband doesnt drink coffee but tea. You can get tea cartridges for it but that works out very expensive in comparison to tea bags.

If I was going to be using it numerous times every day then I would invest in a good coffee pircolator (sp).

I have a Nespresso machine and I love it!!!

We bought the machine with an Aeroccino separately (for latte or cappuccino milk froth).

Hardly any cleaning with the machine. Works out about 23p per coffee. Can't reccommend it enough (I should sell them!) They do lots of funky things that come along with it. A number of different strengths of coffee. Seasonal ones too. It tastes great.

xx
Thanks for this I will look into them xx
I'd recommend the Flavia machine - great machine and a huge range of drinks to use, and its super easy as well!

Mat

Do you have any more info, I haven't heard of this one? xx

I have the Tassimo coffee machine. It is OK as I like to have a fresher cup of coffee sometimes compaired to the ususal instant coffee. However, I think it does work out fairly expensive if you are using it numerous times everyday. My husband doesnt drink coffee but tea. You can get tea cartridges for it but that works out very expensive in comparison to tea bags.

If I was going to be using it numerous times every day then I would invest in a good coffee pircolator (sp).

I guess I am being a lazy moo....Little Joe is quite demanding and I am out of ideas for the in-laws to buy me for my birthday so thought that one of the instant ones would be great, no mess, coffee in seconds at the press of a button. Thanks though Honey :hug:

weird i was only looking at these last week, i love proper coffee, but im allergic to caffeine, and so have a perculator for when people are round, but i can never have any, as they all like the proper stuff lol, i looked at senseo, and tassimo last week, and i think i will deffo get one, they are on offer in tescos (senseo) for £29.99 and you can get all kinds of coffee normal and decaff, latte, hot choc and tea for them now,

might treat myself after xmas

let me know what you decide to get rach xxx

Im sure this pod coffee thing is something one of my clients has just had as a present! She thinks its amazing, she drinks alot of coffee!
You have to order the coffee, you cannot buy it from Tescos or the like though! But she doesnt find this a problem.

Hope Ive helped a tad! :hug:

I have the Tassimo too .... it's only used occasionally mind, but does make a great cuppa.

I use the flavia - FLAVIA drink station, coffee machines - Myflavia.com

Have had it just over a year and am very pleased with it. My customers love it too - and there is little washing up - just the cups! I went for the blue one - looks very stylish and several customers have commented on it!

They have lots of options - but be warned.....the hot chocolate is addictive and very, very yummy!!!!!

x

Here in Holland has everybody got the Senseo (Philips) machine. You can buy different kinds of coffee pods. It takes about 30 sec. for a cup of coffee and it comes with a nice creamy top.

We use a flavia machine for tea (other than PG normal tea) Mars coffee's and hot chocolate, 2 Nespresso machines - 1 cheap one Krups for coffee and a Siemens fully automatic one for latte'e etc. They are so easy to use, easy to keep clean and the coffee is great I love them all - my husband keeps moaning that we not a coffee bar.. but the clients love the choice - although some spend more time choosing their coffee than their nail or hair colour!

Hi, I have the Krups Dolce Gusto, it is fantastic and used daily. We originally wanted the tassimo but were lucky enough to find a shop that did testers on both machines. The Krups was the better of the two in our opinion.
Donna

I've got the dolce one .. bought it for hubby last chrimbo.. only down side they don't do a mocha,
but i use the pod for making tea aswell .. and it looks kinda cool

Thank you all for your help :hug:

ive got a flavia machine too...
......altho it works out cheaper with a kettle... ive just got a new one (kettle that is)
Dualit
the favia doesnt make a nice cuppa tea imo... you have to make tea with water just on the boil... can you tell i like my tea a certain way (im nt a coffee drinker as i hate the stuff!)..........the flavia hot choc is totally yum and my cleints did like the coffee too......

Jess
xox

ps... just been looking on the dualit website and they are based in Crawley... how funny they are in my town!)

I've got the dolce one .. bought it for hubby last chrimbo.. only down side they don't do a mocha,
but i use the pod for making tea aswell .. and it looks kinda cool

Dolce Gusto (krups) now do the mocha, I received some free samples last week, don't know when they will be in the supermarket though.

i;m looking into getting a machine for my clients so i dont have to leave the room to make drinks.

i was wondering which of these machines is the more versatile.
i want to offer tea, coffee and choc.
i would prefer if the drinks were ready whitened so i dont have to add anything except sugar.
looking also for it to be cost efficient as i will offer it complimentary i dont want to bankrupt myself on the cost of supplies.

Latest posts

Back