coke or water??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to love pepsi max till amate scared me... she dropped a dirty 2p into a glass of it and half an hour later it was sparkling like new. i just kept wondering what it was doing to my insides. I switched to water and to make sure i was drinking enough I filled up a 2ltr coke bottle with water and made sure i finished itby bedtime. I also read that we sometimes mistake thirst for hunger, so now every time i feel peckish i drink a glass of water and wait a few minutes. then if i'm still feeling peckish i'll eat something. Its REALLY helping with the weight loss.

Well i was going to say the same as Oceana, our stomach acids are far more powerfull than coke, and while you eat, if you drink a neutral drink like water you are delaing the digestive process. This is why you should drink water outside meals. To drink coke (specially diet coke) or another acid drink (like wine) moderatly wih your meal will help your digestion.
Water is one of the most important contents of our body and it's constantly needed for all sorts of processes. Most of the water we contain wasn't drunk but produced by our own body. Every adult should drink beteween 1,5-3 liters of water a day, but too much water can be harmfull too, if too much water is drunl at the same time, the excrection systems is not able to maintain optimal levels of water, some processes may shut down.
To me the most important thing is moderation, not too much of anything.

P.S.- Yes Coca-Cola did contain cocain in it's ealy days, but this ingredient was replaced by cafeine a long time ago. I just don't think this was intended to harm of course. Did you know cocain was released as a drug by Bayer at the same time as Aspirin?

I'm not sure.....funny though isnt it!!!!!

I already knew that you can use Coke to clean your loo.....!! It isn't particularly good for you, but then neither are plenty of other things..... I drink Diet Coke on occasions, I also drink wine/coffee etc.... It's really boring, but moderation is the thing to practice!!

Whoever set up the Cokewatch website certainly has an axe to grind - unbiased and impartial?? I don't think so!!!

hey there, I too have been a sucker of the years for the cola addiction however I have always known the evil effects of it, its yack it really is. However in case none of you are aware the diet forms are no better and thats not just coke thats diet anything it contains the sweetner aspartmane sorry my spellings let me down, anyway this artificial sweetner actualy alters with in your body so after consumption it converts to wood alcohol, hmm yum???????

My gripe is how on earth the governing bodies can allow this muck to be consumed by so many, it drives me nuts and as for everything in moderation well yeh I agree however think about how you would feel if you had rat poison in moderation each day or a nice glass of bleach every so often, lets face it when you start researching into some of our foods and the chemicals used not many are much better that our cleaning products or items used to kill rodents or pests.

However if you want to stay a balanced individual for christ sake dont start researching or else you will end up like me in a pickle trying to find normal drug free chemical free and natural things to eat and trust me its not easy. Oh and everyone thinks your a complete nut case aswell. x

I am of course a total freek but then we need some in the world dont we. LOL

QUOTE - dont start researching or else you will end up like me in a pickle trying to find normal drug free chemical free and natural things to eat and trust me its not easy. Oh and everyone thinks your a complete nut case aswell.- QUOTE

Oh gosh i pmsl this is my daughter and I to a tee...the more you try to find out to help you make an informed decision, the more difficult it becomes!!!!!!!

Weeeeelllll!!!!
I'm also absotively posilutely addicted to water (got four bottles in my freezer...drink it all day) but I also have a serious coke addiction...love the stuff!! I think that any effect the pop would have is counter acted by the sheer volume of water that I take in...besides I feel guilty after drinking my coke so I go get my water after the last swallow...I like my kidneys. :hug:

Mmmm, if it removes all that corrosion and stuff it should take the plaque right out your arteries if you have any in there, coke drinkers shouldn't have to worry about a build up of anything.:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back