Cold cures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDmakeup

Reaction score
Got back from work yesterday with a really scratchy, sore throat which had turned into a full blown cold after a matter of hours. Barely got a wink of sleep last night. Feeling really rubbish and a bit sorry for myself lol.
Anybody got any good cures that work for you?

Chicken soup
Hot water with lemon and honey
Hot whiskey

Get well soon.

Got back from work yesterday with a really scratchy, sore throat which had turned into a full blown cold after a matter of hours. Barely got a wink of sleep last night. Feeling really rubbish and a bit sorry for myself lol.
Anybody got any good cures that work for you?

Poor you - I swear by taking echinacea (natural vitamin) on the day of scratchy throat and take it for a week - no cold develops...
haven't had one in 3 years - works for me and whole family

Cold Eze works great for me. If that is not available in your area, anything with zinc, that'll cut down the length of a cold.

Hope you feel better, soon! :)

If only there were a cure for the common cold!

There are only remedies to make it less painful, which have already been mentioned. Soluble Aspirin gargled for the sore throat, Echinacea, Zinc etc. I have found Beechams cold and flu capsules the best for me.

Oh yeah, the enzymes found in chicken broth are beneficial. Overall, keep your fluids up. It's hard work inside beating a virus. Also, maintain level blood sugar, as it may help beat the horrible sluggishness.

Great tips :) will have to get my hands on some echinacea and give it a go. I've just bought some sudafed so hopefully that does the trick.

Latest posts

Back