Cold skin causing problems waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
Hi folks!
I’ve been having a bit of an issue with the occasional client who has very cold legs, get or toes which plays havoc with the wax, especially non strip as it sets quickly due to cold skin then doesn’t detach from the skin. I apply oil and rub it in. The room isn’t cold. It’s just clients coming in from the cold. I’m wondering what you all do when this happens. I could perhaps turn the wax temp up but then it could be too hot or cause burning (not that I have). I’m thinking perhaps I should keep a hand towel over the radiator to warm it up and rub over the skin to warm up the client first? Any other suggestions?

I used to use an Infra red lamp to warm up cold legs before waxing. Works very well!
You can also then use the equipment before a back massage to add a nice touch.

Hi folks!
I’ve been having a bit of an issue with the occasional client who has very cold legs, get or toes which plays havoc with the wax, especially non strip as it sets quickly due to cold skin then doesn’t detach from the skin. I apply oil and rub it in. The room isn’t cold. It’s just clients coming in from the cold. I’m wondering what you all do when this happens. I could perhaps turn the wax temp up but then it could be too hot or cause burning (not that I have). I’m thinking perhaps I should keep a hand towel over the radiator to warm it up and rub over the skin to warm up the client first? Any other suggestions?

This has honestly never even crossed my mind, I just get on with it.

If it doesn’t come off, very rarely a thin layer of paper is sticking to the top instead of pulling it off. In that case I apply a bit more on top and it takes it all off.

But if it happens, first thing to do is just put the strip back on and press firmly and rock it, then it will come off. If you are doing a large area and it’s happening a lot then apply the wax in smaller sections so there is less time for it to cool down.

No need to heat anyone up directly as eg in summer wax sticks less where they sweat. A good warmth in the room is fine (I turn heating on 10-15mins before arrival and off when they arrive so I don’t get hot when working and that’s a good working temp.

Hello.
It sounds like you’re talking about strip wax. I was talking about hot wax being affected by body temperature. [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back