Cold sores and facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

House Beauty

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve been doing facials for a long time but this is the first time someone has said they get cold sore so I’m having a blank. I mean 7 years without seeing one I’m quite surprised myself. I’ve had clients tick it on the form when I’ve done tans but not anything where I would be near the area.

Do I just wear gloves and do as normal avoiding the area (and change them after exfoliation in case of little tears), or not do altogether?

I saw the lady today and her facial isn’t til Wednesday. The thing is I don’t know if she has any active ones. She had some spots without heads just red and one not on her lip but close to it. But I don’t think it was a cold sore as it wasn’t scabby. Can you get non-scabby ones?

Thanks for any help!

Not sure if this helps but I wouldn’t touch a client with cold sores for a facial. It was always a contraindication as I understand it. Have you had a conversation with her, warning her that it might be the case?

Not sure if this helps but I wouldn’t touch a client with cold sores for a facial. It was always a contraindication as I understand it. Have you had a conversation with her, warning her that it might be the case?

Thanks! I did think it was. Been so long, I only seem to see dryness these days. It’s an exciting day when I see spots! Haha. I was freaking out so got in touch with her and said I’m not comfortable doing it if she has one. She was totally fine about it.

Interestingly, my daughter had what I thought was a cold sore recently, but it was impetigo. Glad your client was fine about it. Some people seem to think we don’t want to do the treatment for other reasons, other than we are looking out for them too.

Latest posts

Back