Collagen red light therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv Lashes

Reaction score
I've been looking into this treatment & it sounded FAB! However, I've spoken to a number of people who suggest whilst it does work, it does not seem to appeal to clients as it does not give an instant result & takes a number of weeks to see any improvement in the skin.
Also I'm informed that to have any results the machine must be medical strength. What is the strength of a medical machine?
Also, also anyone any thoughts or experiences regarding the treatment which they would like to share before I part with my money?

Just wrote you a long reply and deleted it by mistake!

To cut it short, it hasn't been a huge sucess in the salon I work. We have sold 16 courses in 11 months, and last sold a course at the end of June.

I don't think it is well known yet, although that could be a matter of time!

I have used it, and it is relaxing and warm and helped close some of my pores.

Customers have said its helped their complexion-but not wrinkles.

There are the creams/sprays which help the process. Either its just too expensive, or too slow for some customers liking.

In the next town they have introduced them FREE for the 1st month to get customers on them, and they have re done the offer again-so I'm guessing its not working there either.

It may work better in your salon, Good luck xx

Hi Steph
Thanks for the reply
Do you know which machine you were using? x

Hi there

in the salon i worked in we used Omnilux light therapy. we carried out courses in combination with glycolic skin peeling or microdermabration. The course which combined the revive (red light) and plus (white light) lamps was over a period of 5 weeks. 2 treatments in 1 week for the first 2 weeks then 1 per week for the following 3 weeks. the results were amazing! fine lines had dramatically reduced, eyelids lifted, jowels lifted. the overall complexion was superb. all clients who had the courses were very happy. The good thing aboutlight therapy is there is zero down time and maintenance is every 4-6 weeks.

Thanks for the reply that sounds great. Do the clients the book in for maintanence treatments & is it still going well?

Yes the majority now will have a crystal clear, light treatment ( alternating the 2 each month) and a caci face every 4 weeks. Its great as it only takes roughly 1hour and 45minutes i would say i do more of these combination facials than stand alone ones. its so easy to convert crystal clear clients to have light therapy and caci clients go have light therapy and once they have tried all 3 together they are hooked!

Latest posts

Back