College courses or online?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kokonails

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I am new here and looking for some advice in whether to take a part time course at college or start a course online. Personally I think college is the best option as I will be able to physically do my practices with other collegues. I am based in Glasgow, so if any of you can recommend me any specific college or course over here I would really appreciate it! Xx

I currently doing a course at college, but due to the virus situation college has moved to distance learning, then when all this chaos is over, we go back in for exams and practical assessments. Which I will fail the practicals as we never used the equipment before.

They re not accepting any new enrolments as they just don't know when things will get back to normal. I would suggest waiting til the virus situation is over before contemplating anything, as even online courses have practical and case studies. And with social distancing rules, it's just not possible to carry out any treatments at all.

I would say, I have done several college courses, and a few CPD courses which were a day. I much preferred the college courses as the 1 day courses need lots of pre research and lots of practice at home before feeling comfortable offering this as a paid treatment. If you do opt for an online course, research the company and makes sure it's accredited and can be insured, as lots of companies offer certificates of attendance which is not a qualification.

Thank you so much for your help
I currently doing a course at college, but due to the virus situation college has moved to distance learning, then when all this chaos is over, we go back in for exams and practical assessments. Which I will fail the practicals as we never used the equipment before.

They re not accepting any new enrolments as they just don't know when things will get back to normal. I would suggest waiting til the virus situation is over before contemplating anything, as even online courses have practical and case studies. And with social distancing rules, it's just not possible to carry out any treatments at all.

I would say, I have done several college courses, and a few CPD courses which were a day. I much preferred the college courses as the 1 day courses need lots of pre research and lots of practice at home before feeling comfortable offering this as a paid treatment. If you do opt for an online course, research the company and makes sure it's accredited and can be insured, as lots of companies offer certificates of attendance which is not a qualification.
Thank you so much for your help!
I know, this situation has stopped everything but hopefully we will be back to normal soon. I have research some college courses but due to the virus, as you said, they are not enrolling. I will keep self learning online meanwhile

Thank you so much for your help

Thank you so much for your help!
I know, this situation has stopped everything but hopefully we will be back to normal soon. I have research some college courses but due to the virus, as you said, they are not enrolling. I will keep self learning online meanwhile

If you have an idea of what course you want, there's nothing stopping you from buying the course book to go with the course and start learning the theory behind the treatments. There's also a huge amount of you tube videos that will show you the treatments being performed.

I have done this for most treatments I trained in, just to see if the treatment is in fitting with what I want to offer, the results of treatments and importantly, the cost to me for the treatments and the profit I can make. So whilst you can't start a course right now, there is so much you can do before applying for courses. I always do this myself as I have wasted money and time doing a course that sounded perfect but the treatment was not something I would pay for myself or put my menu of services.

If you have an idea of what course you want, there's nothing stopping you from buying the course book to go with the course and start learning the theory behind the treatments. There's also a huge amount of you tube videos that will show you the treatments being performed.

I have done this for most treatments I trained in, just to see if the treatment is in fitting with what I want to offer, the results of treatments and importantly, the cost to me for the treatments and the profit I can make. So whilst you can't start a course right now, there is so much you can do before applying for courses. I always do this myself as I have wasted money and time doing a course that sounded perfect but the treatment was not something I would pay for myself or put my menu of services.
Thank you again for your advice, really appreciate xx

Latest posts

Back