College have said that the assessments done on each other may not be valid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathair

Reaction score
Hi

The college said at the beginning of my course that they would get models in for my assessments.

Then as they couldn't get models in, they said I could use students in the class.

Now they are saying that the rules have changed regarding this, and you can only use models that aren't students.

My argument is - why have the rules changed this late on?

Your comments please, thanks xx

My college is like this too always changing the rules, they say we have to get our own clients in which is a struggle as I'm wanting people in for cleanses and my college charges 60 for a cleanse.
I think when you're bringing in clients for an assessment they should charge for just the product used!

I'm at college at the moment to and we where told we either had to bring our own clients in or that we could use other students just not the students in our class, so maybe you'll be able to do that? :)

What qualification are you studying?
When I was at college we weren't allowed to take assessments on classmates. For the obvious reason that you can receive guidance from your 'client' during the process. And this isn't a fair reflection of whether you should pass or not.
We had to have paying clients and it was our responsibility to find them, not the colleges. I got friends and family. If you're struggling you could put something on Facebook. People are always eager to have their hair done at reduced rates. x

NVQ has to be on proper clients. VRQ could be assessed on each other and blocks. That's how it was at my college anyway.

Hi, my college changes the rules all the time but we are not allowed to work on students in our group I'm a level 3 and sometimes the level 2s will ask if they can use us and we trade with them we let them do their assesments on us then they come in for us to have things done. But we do have proper clients it's just like a salon and it has quiet days like any other salon and we have to do 2 late nights till 8pm at level 3. But if we bring our own clients in they get 30% of the price shown on the price list

Latest posts

Back