College kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireL

Reaction score
Hi All

In September Im starting my NVQ level 2 part time evening course and I cant WAIT!! (even counting down the days lol) obv there is a college kit I need to purchase which can be brought through the college or I think I can buy my own equipment which am I best doing in your opinions?

Is there anything useful that I could start getting that general college kits dont include?

Thanks x

Hi All

In September Im starting my NVQ level 2 part time evening course and I cant WAIT!! (even counting down the days lol) obv there is a college kit I need to purchase which can be brought through the college or I think I can buy my own equipment which am I best doing in your opinions?

Is there anything useful that I could start getting that general college kits dont include?

Thanks x

i just bought my college kit and topped up with better equipment along the way ... like a better hairdryer is crucial i didnt like the one in the kit was just cheap and basic also cutting collar and ive bought better brushes a curling wand straightners ive also bought i got a gown as well because i like to practice at home wet set rollers but you dont need these i just liked to buy them for at home as well.. a good case as well to carry them in x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks

Im so excited - I enrol in July so Im bouncing off the walls at the moment lol

like you said Ill just get the college kit and add to it upgrade as and when!

Thanks for your reply! :)

x

A decent pair of scissors

Thanks

Im so excited - I enrol in July so Im bouncing off the walls at the moment lol

like you said Ill just get the college kit and add to it upgrade as and when!

Thanks for your reply! :)

x

yeah that was me last year lol im so glad i started it i love it i finish in june but doing level 3 in september im excited for that .. and i think its better to wait any way because once you start ypur course you will get a trade card so can get hairdryers and stuff at trade price and also you will know what is better and what will suit you good luck you,ll love it xx

I've just finished my course. They was charging £250 for my college kit and this didn't even include a hairdryer tongs or straighteners! So I went to my local salon suppliers and got the whole kit for £140 including a hairdryer and straightners! Hope this helps x

I've just finished my course. They was charging £250 for my college kit and this didn't even include a hairdryer tongs or straighteners! So I went to my local salon suppliers and got the whole kit for £140 including a hairdryer and straightners! Hope this helps x

Thanks for your reply! Did you use the list of what was included in the college kit and just add the other bits? Congrats on finishing your course! I cant wait to start mine!

I think I'll wait to after Ive enrolled then have a look what is included in the kit!

Thanks again for all your replies!

Claire x

it depends on the college my kit was 140 pound you got hairdryer 4 round brushes a paddle brush tail comb pin comb cutting comb detangling comb denman brush veng brush bowl brush measure jug scissors 2 doll heads 8 section clips 10 thin clips water spray gloves a plastic pinney and a nvq book so must depend but mine was pretty good value x

My college kit was £250 & not great quality. Another girl in my class got one from ALan Howard on VAT free day & it was much cheaper & better quality.

Latest posts

Back