College or brand training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizbeth

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am an MUA looking to train in beauty so that i can go mobile, i can start a comprehensive course at my college in september but have been advised to do brand training instead (CND nails, HD brows, Elemis facials etc) this is obvs the most expensive option but i can do it in stages. what i want to know is which option is best?? anybody? thanks xx

I would say do an NVQ or something equivalent and then go on and do other extra courses with 'brands' for example elemis would not train you with their products if you didnt hold a facial certificate.
I know this is an on going debate on salon geek but I honestly do not believe you can learn facials or manicures and pedicures , massage etc etc on 1 or 2 day courses.
Once you start training you will realise how much you need to learn about the body in your A&P before you even learn treatment procedures.
Good luck whichever road you go down.
JoJo x

I can only talk for the nails side of this:

What sort of 'nails' are you thinking about doing? I would suggest that nail enhancements (L&P, Gel) aren't good add-on as you will have to spend an extraordinary amount of time practicing before you become good at them. Mani, Pedi, Shellac and Minx would be good add on services.

In terms of CND v College, CND will provide far superior training to that of most colleges. If you're serious, I would suggest the CND Naturally course.

Latest posts

Back