College tutor not letting niece sit her graded practical

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B_beauty

Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me or at least give me some advice. My niece was supposed to sit her make-up exam at her college 5 days ago (On the 28th of May). She had sent her tutor an email asking the time of the exam and she heard no reply so her mother phoned up the college but they claimed that there was nothing showing up on the data base or that it was ever booked in for the salon, so she had left a voice message for the tutor to ring back with a time. Her tutor never rang back with a time. Now her tutor has been doing this a lot to her in specific areas, such as her facial and skin type analysis. She has emailed the customer support at VTCT which is the exam board she is doing it under she asked if she could video the whole of it and send it in. The reply was that she had to report back to her college, but they haven't said no. There were 3 other pupils that got told a time and went in and done the makeup exam. I was wondering if anyone could please let me know what I should do? We have a video of her applying it and everything all in her professional salon outfit, but she is very upset and doesn't want to go back as ive stated before this isn't the first time her tutor has been funny with her.
Thank-you.

You need to contact the tutor's manager to address the issues.

You need to contact the tutor's manager to address the issues.
Thank you for getting back! We have spoken to the tutor manager and she has told us that we are not the first people to complain about her but it's the tutor choice whether or not she accepts. But I don't know what root to go or take.

Thank you for getting back! We have spoken to the tutor manager and she has told us that we are not the first people to complain about her but it's the tutor choice whether or not she accepts. But I don't know what root to go or take.

Then take it to the next level of management for a fuller investigation.

Latest posts

Back