College Uniform Dilemma. Can Anybody help Please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
We all have to wear the stipulated college uniform. Many of the students have already mentioned that they feel the sizes come up too small and this is definitely the problem in my case. I am rather large, lol, and normally a M&S size 22 or a Tesco 20 to 22.

Well, my college skirt in a size 24:eek: doesn't even fit me and they don't do a size bigger! The college are being bril about this and are trying to source other avenues, however, I thought I would take it upon my self to do some searching of my own. So far, I have contacted Salons Direct, Salon Wear and Health & Beauty Wear, but all to no avail. They either don't do skirts or the material doesn't match or the max size is 22 which is a problem if they come up small. Ideally it has to be a 35% cotton & 65% polyester or as close as.

Any suggestions or ideas would be most welcome please.

Try Work Wear World (formally Dream Work Wear) their based in Stanmore and there sizes go up to 26, I know they have an altering section within the store but this is also where they make the uniforms, so if it nothing fits, you may be able to get a custom skirt made.

HTH

Try Work Wear World (formally Dream Work Wear) their based in Stanmore and there sizes go up to 26, I know they have an altering section within the store but this is also where they make the uniforms, so if it nothing fits, you may be able to get a custom skirt made.

HTH
Danger Mouse, I could kiss you :green:, but I won't. I'll save you the embarrassment, lol :lol:. I clicked on the link and phoned them and they said I could visit them AND their uniforms are polyester cotton. Thank you! xx

Danger Mouse, I could kiss you :green:, but I won't. I'll save you the embarrassment, lol :lol:. I clicked on the link and phoned them and they said I could visit them AND their uniforms are polyester cotton. Thank you! xx
:lol: Your welcome :)

Aw, pleased this all got sorted so quickly!:green:

After reading Mrs C's initial post, I thought "bet this thread will go on forever!" But no, my pessimistic self was proved wrong :lol:

Good luck with both uniform and course hun xx

Just in case all else fails try Simon Jersey

HTH

I've bought size 20 from La Beeby, want a size bigger than I am so I can be comfy. They are well made, wash well and look good. I highly recommend them!

Latest posts

Back