College Waxing Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly100

Reaction score
Evening all!!
I`ve been debating for some time about adding tanning and waxing to my skills and definately want to add both at some point, i`m going to visit the Tantrick stand at Excel so that takes care of the tanning situation (pretty sure its going to be Tantrick for me!).
However i have been in a quandry as to what sort of training i should be looking at for the waxing!
After lots of geeking i want to say that even though i haven`t posted on this until now i can`t thank everyone enough as you just have to do a short search and bing!!! always find the information i am lokoking for!
This site is invaluable to me especially when being mobile can be quite lonely sometimes, but being part of the geek site is almost like having work collegues there behind you when you need a guidence or just a hug.
Thankyou geeks!:hug:
Anyway thats enough of the soppy stuff..........back to the topic of my thread, after reading all the posts on waxing training options i have hopefully made the right desision in booking onto a 10 week City & Guilds course in April at my local college.
I think for me personally that trying to attempt a 1 day course is a bit ambitious as i have never even been waxed or seen it done!!!
I`d be interested to hear any bits of advice or info from anyone who has done this course and also if there is anything you think i should know or be prepared for!!
I booked it online so dont have the exact details regarding kit etc until they send them out to me!

I really looking forward to it, just hope i pick it all up ok. xxx

i just wanted to say good luck hun, i hope you really enjoy your new skills when you qualify. The only other thing i wanted to say is be prepared to ditch the razor you are gunna be waxed from head to toe!!

:)

You will be fine hun, if your pain tolerence isnt that high take a couple of pain killers half an hour before your due to be waxed, but to be honest it isnt as bad as what you might think it is, i have just recently done my waxing course and had never been waxed before, i had my legs and underarms done, it stung slightly but i couldnt say it was painful, in fact im reformed as soon as the hair has grown back im booking for a full body wax, your skin feels great after, good luck with your course hun

Evening all!!
I`ve been debating for some time about adding tanning and waxing to my skills and definately want to add both at some point, i`m going to visit the Tantrick stand at Excel so that takes care of the tanning situation (pretty sure its going to be Tantrick for me!).
However i have been in a quandry as to what sort of training i should be looking at for the waxing!
After lots of geeking i want to say that even though i haven`t posted on this until now i can`t thank everyone enough as you just have to do a short search and bing!!! always find the information i am lokoking for!
This site is invaluable to me especially when being mobile can be quite lonely sometimes, but being part of the geek site is almost like having work collegues there behind you when you need a guidence or just a hug.
Thankyou geeks!:hug:
Anyway thats enough of the soppy stuff..........back to the topic of my thread, after reading all the posts on waxing training options i have hopefully made the right desision in booking onto a 10 week City & Guilds course in April at my local college.
I think for me personally that trying to attempt a 1 day course is a bit ambitious as i have never even been waxed or seen it done!!!
I`d be interested to hear any bits of advice or info from anyone who has done this course and also if there is anything you think i should know or be prepared for!!
I booked it online so dont have the exact details regarding kit etc until they send them out to me!

I really looking forward to it, just hope i pick it all up ok. xxx

Read the Waxing turorials by Katelisa and my hero Axiom and you will learn so much that will put you in a different leaugue to your classmates.

hth's

I bought the Compact Wax heater from Sally's when I was training it the one that is good for mobiles because the pot of wax goes in the heater and can then be taken out and the lid put back on so it doesn't spill I am still using this in my salon 3 years on.

www.beautyexpress.co.uk

Just Wax Compact Wax Heater Kit

Product Code: PW140

Sorry don't know how to do the link:hug:

Thanks geeks, i don`t mind a bit of pain so hopefully i`ll be fine!
I read through the tutorials earlier today and that really helped my decision to do a longer course!!!
Can`t wait to be streamlined and smooth......and learn a new skill of course! xxx

You'll be fine! A one day course is I think ok for a refresher, or for someone who's had experience of waxing, but if you're starting from scratch it's probably best that you do a longer course. And practice, practice, practice. I only started to build up speed when I got my own waxpot and grabbed everyone I could to practice on. Good luck with the course xx

Latest posts

Back