college

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gracy

nutty geek
Reaction score
i have heard from a friend of mine that is doing a vtct in nail enhancements, i offered to be a model, on asking what date did she want me back for an infill, she looked blank and said " oh we dont have to do that" :eek:
she also said that they were being SHOWN how to do gel/fibreglass/silk, they have no gel products but someone from a salon will go in and show them how its done, NO! she showed them how to do l&p.
will she be doing gel/fg? NO !
infills? NO!
does she know how to do a soak off? NO!
will she get a vtct in l&p/gel and fg, YES! but her assesments will be p&w/french tip/ tip & overlay, in l&p !
i asked her to ask the question to the tutor about this and the tutors reply was " well as long as we tell you how to do it thats all you need to know, no one will fail so whats your problem" while i am sure NOT all colleges are like this, the whole thing seems a sham, all i can say is thank god for creative training, because now i know i made the right decision NOT to go back to college and i can see now in comparison just how much i have learnt, these girls will be able to do clients with hardly any knowledge at all, i dont know who to feel sorry for the clients or the techs. :rolleyes:

Dawn... the never ending converation topic... ive been trying to do beauty therapy as you know for a year and we haven't even been shown how to polish... god help the paying public!!!!

Hi there,
I can not believe this how bad is that.

The VTCT I applied for and started you are required to take a model with you for your assesment, other wise the assesor can not see what you are capable of, we have to take someone with one hand needing infills and the other hand a full new set.

I must say though they did not stipulate what system it can be gel, acrylic or fiber galss, but you do have to complete a range chart at home prior to assesment and that includes all systems and all types of nails and you are required to include the photos of these clients nails in with your course work and client record sheets.

When there are colleges that are so slack it makes the qualification so worth less and really a fast I think this is a real shame, any way so long as you feel comfortable and confident in the work you do, you will know you are providing a good service, those whom do not will eventually pay the price.

Grace x

Hi Shropshiredawn

Ive borrowed you quote and put it on the thread Badworkmanship or NSS???

hope thats OK with you

shropshiredawn said:
i have heard from a friend of mine that is doing a vtct in nail enhancements, i offered to be a model, on asking what date did she want me back for an infill, she looked blank and said " oh we dont have to do that" :eek:
she also said that they were being SHOWN how to do gel/fibreglass/silk, they have no gel products but someone from a salon will go in and show them how its done, NO! she showed them how to do l&p.
will she be doing gel/fg? NO !
infills? NO!
does she know how to do a soak off? NO!
will she get a vtct in l&p/gel and fg, YES! but her assesments will be p&w/french tip/ tip & overlay, in l&p !
i asked her to ask the question to the tutor about this and the tutors reply was " well as long as we tell you how to do it thats all you need to know, no one will fail so whats your problem" while i am sure NOT all colleges are like this, the whole thing seems a sham, all i can say is thank god for creative training, because now i know i made the right decision NOT to go back to college and i can see now in comparison just how much i have learnt, these girls will be able to do clients with hardly any knowledge at all, i dont know who to feel sorry for the clients or the techs. :rolleyes:
sounds like she needs to complain to the head of beauty and if no sucess then take it up with the VTCT i know the will help glady if a sudent feels the course is not covering enough - tell your friend to look in her hand book as supplied by VTCT and it will tell her about proceedures. best of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back