Colonic massage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score

Hi All,
I was just wondering if any of you fellow geeks do `colonic massage?`
Or does anyone know where I could do trainning in it?

Last night I watched `supersize vs superskinny` and on the programme there was a section where a lady went to a salon and had a colonic massage, it looked brilliant.

The therapist measured her before and after and she had lost inches, also the next day she `had done a poo that would make Gillian McKeith proud` (her words)

I have heard of colonic irrigation before but never colonic massage, and just thought it seem a good method without being invasive, and would be very interested in learing more about it.

:lol:​

I saw that as well!!! It did look really good and it said she lost 5cm on her hips after one treatment! They called it a deep abdominal massage but didn't mention what product range it was unfortunately.

I saw that too!

i am learning aromatherapy massage at the moment and just last week we were shown the abdominal massage which included many of the same moves as the lady in the show used.

I will be asking my tutor about it tomorrow!! :green:

think Elemis do a colonic massage.

yeh i saw this program too and was very interested to see an alternative route to the invasive treatment of colonic irrigation! plus the fact that you can only have 2 treatments done a year, so this is an even better and more healthier way to eliminate the build up of bad toxins in ur body!!i too want to study this and have it done myself,hehe!!

I do a really nice Colon Massage ... and since that programme I've never had so many appointments for it!

It is a very nurturing and can be very powerful treatment. I personally love it to give and receive.

Mat

Can someone tell me something that sounds good about this apart from yuk things....I'd rather have another baby than put myself through this...how the heck is it nurturing and powerful?
And how can it make you lose 5cm off your hips??
That's not the place I store it.
well if I wasn't such a lady anyways:)

An awful lot of people carry their stress and or emotions in their stomach physically - i do. If I'm stressed I have severe panic attacks - we are talking running out of the cinema don't really care who or what i stand on kinda stuff.

Also the stomach is a very personal and intimate area, so allowing anyone to touch it, let alone provide a deep massage from a stranger is very trusting.

Its not all yukky ... we aren't getting people to empty there bowels over the massage table. The work I do is reminding the colon what it is and what its supposed to be doing - its one really big muscles that has an important job to do. And like any muscle in the body it really benefits from a good massage. And quite often at some point afterwards the client will visit the loo ... and well lets leave it there. ;)

An awful lot of people carry their stress and or emotions in their stomach physically - i do. If I'm stressed I have severe panic attacks - we are talking running out of the cinema don't really care who or what i stand on kinda stuff.

Also the stomach is a very personal and intimate area, so allowing anyone to touch it, let alone provide a deep massage from a stranger is very trusting.

Its not all yukky ... we aren't getting people to empty there bowels over the massage table. The work I do is reminding the colon what it is and what its supposed to be doing - its one really big muscles that has an important job to do. And like any muscle in the body it really benefits from a good massage. And quite often at some point afterwards the client will visit the loo ... and well lets leave it there. ;)

Good points made mate. What about IBS sufferers?
Can it improve their life in a way or aggravate the condition?
I have to be quite frank and say that I would have any type of massage but not one that could prove to be embarassing.
I still have Gillian McKeith in my mind and she makes me feel ill in ways I could never describe.
Women really don't like to discuss such matters....or even if they take place in their life....and give over geeks it's not just me:rolleyes:

god when i read the title i thought you meant internally massage the colon :lol:, it made my eyes water :eek:
i massage my stomach a lot coz i have a funny bowel it usually helps loads , :)

sounds interesting! very interesting!

so, what is the difference between a stomach massage and this colonic massage then?

fozzyo, are you going to be setting up a course in this?

I saw that program, it was very interesting! Ive never heared of it before,it definately worked well for her!!

sounds interesting! very interesting!

so, what is the difference between a stomach massage and this colonic massage then?

fozzyo, are you going to be setting up a course in this?

I was wondering the same and has anyone got a Utube link or anything?

Hey you Guys - There are a Colonic Massage Courses run by the European College of Naturopathy in London. Their number is 0207 625 7773 or direct to the course instructor is 077 2500 2528. It is only a two day course. You get a certificate at the end of the course.:smack::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I must be a bit wierd cos I like the look of that!!!!! Not quite sure what that says about me really.......lol!

Thanks for the link SJ, it was great to see the massage carried out.

Thanks to MEDSPA as well for the information on the course, I will definatlylook in to that.
I can see that being a popular treatment to offer.

I have since found a salon that does the elemis colon massage treatment- 66 pound.
Which includes leg massage, colon massage and head massage. So I will book an appointment when I am free and get it done.
I will report back to you all, and let you know what I think.

xx

That's ok hun ..:wink2:....i must say i found it interesting stuff.xxxxxxxxxx

looked like he was making bread to me:eek:

Hi,
This link is great, would like to have it done, but the film put me off training for it, ugh!!!! Big fat hairy belly.............no ta, Keep to nails & tanning..........have looked in my area but not found anyone. Will report if I do find somewhere & try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lotsa luv

Latest posts

Back