Color help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got out of school earlier this summer, and I have two new clients, who both want funky color.

One has medium textured colored brown hair and she wants to be a flat blonde with blue and pink "streaks" (as she says). She is young (9th grade) so I know i'll be using manic panic for the pink and blue because it washes out. But as for coloring to blonde? Do you suggest a lightener and lift to a yellowey blonde and tone?

The other has natural colored dark to medium brown hair. She wants to go black (so i'll be using a level 2 or 2.5, i think black black is going to be too harsh) and she wants a few highlights in the front as light blonde as I can get . For her, I was going to mix cool black level 1 with a neutral level 3 for the base, and before coloring the whole head highlight with a highlift cool blonde. (So the color and foils are processing at the same time.)

My question for her is, should I mix a bit of bleach in with the high lift blonde color?

I was planning on using Ion cream color for both people.
ion Color Brilliance™

**bump**
Come on guys, I'm doing their hair tomorrow!!

ah hun, most of the people that post on here are asleep at the moment, as it is a UK based site, but I'm sure once the hair geeks are awake they will try to help.

on the second client -hilift isnt going to get it very light and the result will be warm , so id probably add a little warmth to the dark color or ,if the client wants a big contrast and a bit gothic id do a flart dark colour and the front with bleach up to nearly white - i think hi-lift will me more natural though.

THanks liana! What if I mix bleach with the color though? It will lift it and then deposit in the same process right? So then that way it would be a cooler blonde.

yes if you mix a bit of bleach with highlift tint it will lift and deposit x

Latest posts

Back