Color Run - Breast Cancer Now

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chantel Davis

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope that this is okay to post on here! I posted on the Chit Chat section so not to annoy anyone!

My friend, Michelle and I are running the Color Run in Manchester on 2nd July 2016. I wasn't initially going to fundraise for this event, but I've decided that I might as well! I'm not expecting to get a lot of sponsors, as many of my friends and family were really generous last year when I ran the Race for Life and I raised over £500 for Cancer Research. This year however, I want to support Breast Cancer Now, as this is a bit more specific to the cause I want to raise for.

All cancers are important and that is why I raised for Cancer Research last year, however, in 2014 at the age of 28, my mom was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer - which can only be treated by chemotherapy and radiotherapy with no alternative drugs (because it does not respond to hormone treatment). I have chosen Breast Cancer Now as my charity to support as this is the largest breast cancer charity and they are committed to funding breast cancer research and are the way forward for medical advances. They work to prevent, detect and treat breast cancer at every stage. I have set my goal to £100, and if my target fails to reach this, then I will supplement the total with my own money!

If anyone would like to sponsor me, my JustGiving page is here: www.justgiving.com/Chantel-Davis/

Or even if you want to just give a pound, I would be truly grateful. You can do this by texting CMDA89 with the amount (£1 for example) to the number 70070

Can I please ask anyone who wishes to sponsor this event to please follow the link given, or contact the OP directly by way of Private Message.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back