Color Touch ashy options

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amonavis33

Reaction score
I’m looking to tone brassy dark blond hair from a slightly warm level 7 to an ashy 6. Any color touch suggestions? I’m new to the colour touch range and it seems that there are not a lot of options that would turn out ashy. I was hoping for something with /2 or /8 to mix that would get to a level 6.

Otherwise, can I tone using KP color and 1.9% at a 2:1 ratio? I’ve never used it to just tone.

I’m looking to tone brassy dark blond hair from a slightly warm level 7 to an ashy 6. Any color touch suggestions? I’m new to the colour touch range and it seems that there are not a lot of options that would turn out ashy. I was hoping for something with /2 or /8 to mix that would get to a level 6.

Otherwise, can I tone using KP color and 1.9% at a 2:1 ratio? I’ve never used it to just tone.
At that level it's not really a toner. You need maximum deposit. Colour touch had a 5/1 +7/1 so you could mix the 2 to get a 6/1 and then add some /68 + /88 special mix.

Thanks. Seems a bit much having to mix 4 products together for that. What do you think about KP 6/2 plus /88 with a low level developer instead for deposit only? Is it more damaging because of the ammonia?

Thanks. Seems a bit much having to mix 4 products together for that. What do you think about KP 6/2 plus /88 with a low level developer instead for deposit only? Is it more damaging because of the ammonia?
You could do.

You could do.
How long would you process it if the goal is just to cancel warmth and not cause additional damage? Thx

How long would you process it if the goal is just to cancel warmth and not cause additional damage? Thx
At least 20 mins, but for maximum coverag of I'd leave it the full 40 mins

At least 20 mins, but for maximum coverag of I'd leave it the full 40 mins

Would you use 10 vol just like a normal deposit-only color, or do you think the 1.9% with a 2:1 radio Is better in this instance? The 1.9% was kind of my own idea but I feel like I might be wrong.

Would you use 10 vol just like a normal deposit-only color, or do you think the 1.9% with a 2:1 radio Is better in this instance? The 1.9% was kind of my own idea but I feel like I might be wrong.
No 1.9% is fine :)

No 1.9% is fine :)

One more question, is the /68 special mix helpful for brassy, orangey level 7.5 hair? Or it it mostly just for toning lighter blondes in the 8-10 range, and I should be using the /88 instead?

One more question, is the /68 special mix helpful for brassy, orangey level 7.5 hair? Or it it mostly just for toning lighter blondes in the 8-10 range, and I should be using the /88 instead?
You would use /68 any time you have to cover any yellow or orange tones

The quantity of mix tone you use depends on the base of the shade you're mixing it in to.
To get the correct measurements you need to use the rule of 11.

I’m trying to clarify in my head when to use /68 vs /88.
is It fair to say that /68 is more to neutralize lighter, yellow-orange tones, while /88 is more for darker, brassy orange tones?

I see a lack of /2 tones in the color touch range. Is there an effective way to tone down red tones in this line?

I’m trying to clarify in my head when to use /68 vs /88.
is It fair to say that /68 is more to neutralize lighter, yellow-orange tones, while /88 is more for darker, brassy orange tones?

I see a lack of /2 tones in the color touch range. Is there an effective way to tone down red tones in this line?
Yeah that's correct, so /68 is more for yellow - orange tones. And /88 is more for true orange (copper) tones
Yeah that is a downside to colour touch.
You can use the /1 shades to help, but it doesn't neutralise it as well as the /2 tones.
I suppose technically a mix of the /3 shades + /88 tone would make green.

colour touch 7/89 and 8/81 are nice

Latest posts

Back